Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: any one using windows 7?

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: any one using windows 7?

Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    The drivers were preloaded into the os that Im haveing issuse with.. raid random read and write bugs.. opening a photo on a memory card is very bugy.. it can hang the system

O and have you actually used windows live movie maker? .. Trust me it sucks so bad try it you will see... acrobate has problems working.. and several other programs installing was easyer but windows 7 is way way over hyped..
    maybe its you card then. I open photos on meory cards all the time and its
    flawless. Acrobat also run flawless on my machine. I am having 0 issues with W7. The only thing I had to do was go to some MFR's websited and get updated drivers (updated Catalyst, updated software for my keyboard, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    it's the first Windows taskbar that actually works well on the side of the screen. Yay for less wasted screen space
    This is amazing, I really like not having titles for programs I always use on the taskbar. Way useful having the taskbar on the side of the screen with my laptop screen. The tray works great, I can hide but still easily access icons I don't use all the time, and choose a few to keep visible that I always use, like my chat client and steam. I also like the new take on the sidebar gadgets, I can place them wherever I need/want them, which makes my desktop look a lot cleaner.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Just switched over to 7 today.

64-bit support for things already laid out by Vista FTW.

Not to mention, it had out-of-the-box support for ALL my hardware, meaning as soon as the install was done, I was on my way!

The taskbar definitely does look good up on the side, much better than it was in XP.

Not to mention, Aero is the hotness.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Omega, just wait til you install it on a laptop. It friggen configures the wireless driver DURING windows setup, before you ever hit the desktop!
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Datech View Post
    Omega, just wait til you install it on a laptop. It friggen configures the wireless driver DURING windows setup, before you ever hit the desktop!
    It did that on this system as soon as I put a Vista/7 capable wireless care in it (my old one wasn't)

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

The only issue I've had with Windows 7 is that Logitech dropped the support for a large portion of their webcams. I'm waiting for an RMA so that I can try XP mode to see if that's a working solution. Other than that, Windows 7 actually fixed a number of hardware issues that I had in Vista, such as my TV tuner card. I've been running the full release since September (legally aquired through MSDN-AA) and have been extremely happy.
    TheMainMan

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

XP mode most likely will not solve your webcam issue. If the only problem is that there's not a 7 driver, if there's a Vista driver, that'll work. Same base kernel, just updated.

I was just using Windows 7 64 bits addition in my laptop. But its hardly working on it. Because my laptop having a 2 GB RAM so its become slow my laptop. While this OS is nicely working in my PC now a day.
    See the TOS for rules about links in your signature.