Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: any one using windows 7?

Fresh Paint

Default any one using windows 7?

if how is it compared to vista.... or dare i say XP.... dun dun daaaaaa

Default Re: any one using windows 7?

AWESOME! That is all.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Fresh Paint

really how so? i saw some vids on it, like shaking widows and snapping window line ups and fast minimizing and over response. but i want the dl.....i just build a rig and want to know if i should wait till it comes out for real or just buy vista, also does it recognize more than 3 an something gigs ram?

Quote Originally Posted by l7.64ss View Post
    also does it recognize more than 3 an something gigs ram?
    32 bit versions of Windows 7 will still be stuck to the same theoretical limit of 4GB RAM. In practice this means 3.xGB max addressable RAM after system devices and depending on your Graphics Card.

CB

Source:

While the maximum RAM limit for 32-bit Windows 7 editions is 4GB, when it comes to the 64-bit editions, the amount of memory that the OS can address depends on which edition you are running.
    Here are the upper RAM limits for the different editions of Windows 7:
    • Starter: 8GB
    • Home Basic: 8GB
    • Home Premium: 16GB
    • Professional: 192GB
    • Enterprise: 192GB
    • Ultimate: 192GB

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Windows 7 still has some stuff that's kind of wonky, but as a whole, it's actually pretty nice. way better than vista for sure.

Even in beta, too, it runs pretty well.

I've got it on the work machine downstairs.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Fresh Paint

hmmmmmm i c...... i think im just going to go ahead and get vista 64 premium, cuz there will proply be so many issues with 7 when it comes out, and also cuz ive never used it lol. im rocking xp on a alienware notbook that is a year old and would spank most desktops in benchmarks hahahah.... sorry got started on a bragging trip, so ill put vista on the new rig........was writing this when u posted that omega, well i want 7 but i dont want to have an os'less computer that i just build sitting here waiting.......

I think you would be wiser to spend your money on Win7 over Vista. From what I can tell there are less issues with Win7 out of the gate, then Vista did at the same point. Although it may be better now, Vista still has some issues on the 64bit version.

Quote Originally Posted by l7.64ss View Post
    hmmmmmm i c...... i think im just going to go ahead and get vista 64 premium, cuz there will proply be so many issues with 7 when it comes out, and also cuz ive never used it lol. im rocking xp on a alienware notbook that is a year old and would spank most desktops in benchmarks hahahah.... sorry got started on a bragging trip, so ill put vista on the new rig
    That would seem like a bad choice.

Microsoft make bad operating systems from time to time. Microsoft ME was their first big blooper, Vista another.

By common agreement of most everyone in the industry Windows 7 is better in it's RC form (except for a few blips) than Vista is with SP2 installed.

Certainly by release date or very soon thereafter with updates Windows 7 will beat Vista in every department.

I'm not suggesting you install the RC but when it's released.

Many companies have totally bypassed Vista and are waiting on 7 to upgrade desktops from XP.

CB

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Save your $$ and buy 7 when it comes out. You will not be disappointed. I have vista ultimate 64 and just switched back to home premium 32 bit because I was having lots of issues with several programs and games.

BTW if you think your alienware notebook will spank most of the desktops here, you are fooling yourself. Alienware while better than most are over priced hot running POS's

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    BTW if you think your alienware notebook will spank most of the desktops here, you are fooling yourself. Alienware while better than most are over priced hot running POS's
    Beautifully put .. you're a poet +rep