Thread: WaNTED: 754, OR 939 Mobo and cpu.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default WaNTED: 754, OR 939 Mobo and cpu.

My brother in-law just called me. His computer quit. Looks like he has about 12 busted caps.

He just had a baby so cash is tight and he can not afford to build a new rig right now. I told him I would ask around and see what you guys had. He has 2gb of 184 ddr ram and would like to keep using it unless I can find a 939 board with a processor and ram.

Single core will be fine because this will just be something to keep him going until christmas. I am going to build him a new computer for christmas.

So does anyone have a 754 board with a athlon64 laying around for really cheap? Hes coming from a athlon xp 1ghz cpu so almost anything will be an upgrade. I gave him a pcie 7600gt a while back so pcie would be nice but he does have another pci car and an agp card (although the agp is an ATI mx440)

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Default Re: WaNTED: 754, OR 939 Mobo and cpu.

Let me dig around, I think I might have a Celeron 2.0 or 2.4 Dell. I would of used it again but I didn't have another cooling fan for the wifes Dell case so I didn't want to burn out another board or CPU. I think it will take the 184. Unfortuanly no PCIe or AGP slots. If you're interested. I even have a PSU that should still work too.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Thanks bopher, I did some digging and found an old athlon 64 3000+ for a 754 board so if I can find him a 754 board that would be great.

There are three or four on ebay ending today at under $30 with no bids

http://computers.shop.ebay.com/Mothe...4&_sop=1&_sc=1

CrazyB

ive got a 3000+ sempron 754 and a 939, im moving soon and and trying to get rid of some clutter just provide the shipping and either is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by farlo View Post
    ive got a 3000+ sempron 754 and a 939, im moving soon and and trying to get rid of some clutter just provide the shipping and either is yours.
    motherboards and CPUs?