Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite knife?

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Favorite knife?

Kind of a random thread, I know... but my favorite knife that I've had for years finally signed off.

It doesn't look like much but it was one of the best feeling knives I've ever owned. I bought it back when S&W actually had American knives instead of imported pieces of crap with soft pot metal screws and brittle blades.
    (I actually have one of the china versions I picked up at Big 5 for 10 bucks on sale. Amazing knife for the price but the screws came stripped and the blade wasn't 440.)

I was looking at one of these sexy beasts when it dawned on me that maybe I should start a thread on members' favorite knives, if anyone has one of course.

Default Re: Favorite knife?

For most kitchen jobs:

For slicing bread items:

For dispatching intruders:
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

My current workhorse is a gerber paraframe I (middle in pic below), I also own a paraframe II but do not like the siver look (bottom in pic below).

For years and I mean like 8 years I carried and used a Gerber Chameleon II. That knife held the best edge of any knife I ever owned. It beat out bucks, S&W, and even a Sig-Saur knife I bought once.

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Nice.

I was looking at autos just for the sake of having one but apparently they're illegal in every state except Utah if they have a blade over 2". Funny because manual knives are just as fast.

It just sucks because a lot of the autos are absolutely sexy.

neither of the 2 I use are autos. They are not even assisted. They just have the thumb stub thing. I can easily flick both though after a little time polishing contact points and tweaking of the main screw.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

http://www.elinemerchandising.com/CRM1-13K.html

CRKT Lightfoot M1 Combo edge.

I had one. I still regret having gotten rid of it.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Since I am not into combat knives. My favorite knife in the kitchen is a global knife. http://www.yoshikin.co.jp/w/index.html They are made by Yoshikin Metal Industry co. They are some of the sharpest knives I have ever used. They will last a long time if you take proper care of them.

Need a sig

The knives me and buzz linked to are not combat knives but rather they are very day general purpose use knives. I use mine for everything from cutting wire to cleaning my finger nails.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Sorry for the horrible picture, I couldn't find my camera so I had to use a craptastic camera phone. But this is my favorite knife, which happens to be a multitool too. Its probably the best multitool I've ever owned. The blades are very sharp and the metal is something special. I've TRIED bending some of the pieces just to test the durability and I couldn't. I use the screwdriver all the time and there is no sign of wear and tear. Nothing beats a good multitool! Just wish I remembered the brand...

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I'm with Zephik, my favorite knife is this:

Leatherman Wave. It's the most versatile tool I've ever owned.

Another one of my favorites:

I've used this thing to chop up small trees (~3 inch dia) for firewood before It's got a nice heft to it, and a crazy thick blade, for a folder.