Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: xbox360 repair cost....

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default Re: xbox360 repair cost....

But I think it's triple core so that throws up all kinds of oddities lol - I don't think any of the pre-intel macs were multi-core - or were they - I know next to nothing about macs to be honest

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

like the Swedish Chef with a Screwdriver gntlkilr's Avatar

have you checked out divineo.uk? They have stock/compatible parts/mod for most consoles and they usually are cheaper. And you won't get booted from XboxLive

"Voltage is like a big lake of milk surrounded by giant chocolate chip cookies. But if the chocolate chip cookies happen to break, the milk coming out is your current."

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slaveofconvention View Post
    But I think it's triple core so that throws up all kinds of oddities lol - I don't think any of the pre-intel macs were multi-core - or were they - I know next to nothing about macs to be honest
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that there weren't any triple-core macs, but it's still basically the same thing.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by gntlkilr View Post
    have you checked out divineo.uk? They have stock/compatible parts/mod for most consoles and they usually are cheaper. And you won't get booted from XboxLive
    http://www.divineo.co.uk/cgi-bin/div-uk/360-ms28

probably be the best direct link to it, all you should need to do is flash it with the number from your current dvd-rom.

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

I swapped out the laser unit from the dvd rom of another dead xbox and it's working so far - hopefully it'll stay that way but thanks for the link

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    It'd be interesting to see how much cost they actually have to cover by us sending in our stuff for repairs. I read an article the other day debunking the idea that companies are always trying to screw us out of our money. The article basically went on to say that no, companies aren't always trying to rip you off, consumers just simply don't understand all the cost involve. For example, a lot of people only think about cost and labor, but that's not the only thing companies have to pay for. Just for one example off the top of my head, they have to pay for the buildings that they own and use which includes electricity, plumbing, etc etc so on and so forth.

Prices like these seem absolutely ridiculous, but for the most part, people just don't understand how it can cost so much and so they assume that they're getting ripped off. Granted, this is the case sometimes. Like with Monster Cables. Dear lord those things are like a 1000% mark up. lol

Anyways, I wish I knew someone who works at one of these places so we could ask them why it costs so much. It'd be really interesting and enlightening. I'll see if I can find that article in the mean time, it had to do with Apple I believe...

Not saying that its not terribly expensive by the way, because it really is. I'm just saying that I don't think they are trying to screw us out of our money as much as we think they are. This is where a lot of new businesses fail, because they think they can offer lower prices but once they get into the **** of it, they quickly realize that their offering lower prices isn't going to cut it. Like the CrunchPad for example. It was supposed to be $200, but now its rumored to be more like $300+. People just don't understand.
    Monster cable actuall cost... 15 bucks selling for..... drum roll..... 300... I know I worked in retail selling and ordering stuff.. I saw true cost other cables are like 2 bucks.. and sell for 100 so all cables are a major rip off..