Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: laptop

Default laptop

I was thinking about getting a laptop for school and have about $750 to spend. I have no clue about them and was wondering what to look for. I want decent storage and ram. I was thinking a little gaming but thats not important.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: laptop

Screen size? OS preference? Primary use? Any preferred manufacturers? Desired battery life?

Screen size 15 or bigger. Os, probably standard vista(I will probably dual boot ubuntu), I need good battery life since I'll be away from home.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

How about this one? Great battery life with very decent specs. (at least, as far as laptops with great battery life goes)

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-Ti...465860&sr=8-11

All Models
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Acer used to have problems with the lcd panel cracking, but it looks like they fixed that with the new hinge design. It looks like a good system at a good price.

It doesn't have to have the greatest battery life. I only go to school 4 hours a day.

Well, I compared a ton of laptops on Newegg and in the end, this is the one I came out with...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834115571

Not too shabby! Good reviews too. The battery life seems to be just under 3 hours according to one of the reviews.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    Well, I compared a ton of laptops on Newegg and in the end, this is the one I came out with...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834115571
    Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    I would say that laptop is the better laptop, but for $250 more I'd say its not worth it. The battery life according to the reviews is only around 2 hours too, whereas the one I listed is around 3 hours. According to the user reviews anyways. But like I said, its better, but I don't think its $250 better. Its all about how much you're willing to spend in the end.

The only real difference is that graphics card, which pretty much owns the nVidia one. But, like you said in the first post, its not that important and the nVidia one is more than adequate. Hell, I play Oblivion on a GeForce Go 6800. lol

Thank you. I like it and will definitively keep it in mind.