Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: laptop

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Default Re: laptop

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218094855118

i bought this one about two weeks ago and love it i plays lord of the rings pretty well and bf2 on power saver you might get close to three hours out of it

I liked that other one but not the huge audio control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Scope_99 View Post
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218094855118

i bought this one about two weeks ago and love it i plays lord of the rings pretty well and bf2 on power saver you might get close to three hours out of it
    no problems?

I was thinking I could also build a dell or w/e.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Definitely consider Dell. Take a look at the Studio line. Best Buy usually has them on display so you can even go down and take a look at them in person. I'm for the most part in love with Dell's Studio line, although I think there might be better deals to have elsewhere. But if I personally had the cash, I'd get a Dell Studio.

The website customization is pretty nice too. You can even get a back-lit keyboard and some other cool custom options.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Yeah, making it the way I want it specifically is nice. I'll take a look now.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

I like this:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....ustomerreviews
    Its expensive...but I might get it.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I don't think that's worth the price at all. You could buy a cheaper model and upgrade it to those specs or better for the same price. You really don't need more than 4GB or RAM either and a 500GB HDD is under $100 I believe. And for that price, there should be a much better graphics processor in there. I must be missing something because I just don't see how that's worth a grand at all. If a grand is your range, I could dig something up much better than that. Heck, even some of the $700 laptops are better than that.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

yeah, my budget now is like $900. I want casual gaming.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

IDK if you like Thinkpads or not, but I found this little gem in the Lenovo Outlet. New, never shipped T61:
    http://outlet.lenovo.com/laptops/ca64586qu.html $778
    + 2x2GB RAM $50
    + ~$100 for whatever 500GB drive you want

== ~$930 (ok, a little over, but that's a really nice laptop)

Check out some of the OEMs outlet stores. There are a bunch listed in this thread. A lot of the outlet stores will have 'new' or 'redistributed' sections, with laptops that were either never shipped (order was canceled/etc) or was returned unopened, respectively.

I kind of want to get it in like best buy or somewhere. I want to be able to touch it.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I can't in good conscience recommend actually purchasing one from Best Buy (friggin markup...), but it is nice to be able to handle a laptop before buying. Do you have a Microcenter or Fry's Electronics near you? They tend to have much nicer prices.