Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: laptop

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: laptop

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    thats actually a pretty sweet deal for a lappy. wish I had money. lol
    We Idahoans must think alike. lol

At my current wages, I could afford this laptop in about... 16 months and that's only if I save save save.

You know, I knew supporting a family was expensive, but I never thought I'd have to support one before even having one of my own. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

yeah supporting a family is expensive.

my family isnt really my family anymore either, stupid divorces. lol

as for when I could afford this? if I took out a student loan, I could buy it. which I am half tempted to do as my current laptop is falling apart.

So, i gotta ask. is it more important to get a good processor in a laptop or one with a dedicated GPU? lol. cause it seems that every good deal I find on a good processor'ed laptop the gpu is the stupid intel 4500 (which wouldnt be that bad) I wish I could decide if I would actually use the thing for games. that would probably give me my answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Depends on what you want out of a laptop. For me, battery life conquers all. For others, its the cpu or gpu. If you like to game a lot, I'd go gpu. If you only do light gaming, I'd go cpu. Most onboard graphics are pretty decent too, they can easily handle games like WoW. If you want that perfect blend, I'd get at least a core 2 duo at 2GHz and see if you can find one with any dedicated card.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Personally, I'm in love with MSI's ultra-slim line of notebooks. They're dead freaking sexy. The ONLY problem is that they are under-powered. Even their "performance" ultra-slim models are fairly under-powered. Sounds like I'd wait until the end of September at the very least. If you want to wait another 5-8 months for the new badass notebooks, then go for it. Its a tough call. Usually I'm just like, if you wait now you'll wait forever. But in this case, if you wait now you'll get to see a whole new type of laptop power. Its like going from C2D to i7. ...which is pretty much is. Plus they'll have Win7. Your call. But I say wait until the end of September at the very least. Maybe you'll find something on a "too good to be true" sale in the mean time or until then.

I got me a Dell studio 15 and love it. so far anyways. my only gripe is it has a dead pixel. gonna return it to best buy lol. the only reason I got it from best buy is no interest for 18 months. word. lol
    ber is id elicous

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    I got me a Dell studio 15 and love it. so far anyways. my only gripe is it has a dead pixel. gonna return it to best buy lol. the only reason I got it from best buy is no interest for 18 months. word. lol
    My friend returns so many items because of dead pixels.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Yeah, its a hard call. School is now...but IDK!

its not really that big of a bother to me but I did just BARELY buy it and the first time I turned it on, bam. dead pixel. plus when the screen is all black and all you see is the backlight it flickers really really annoyingly bad. my only gripe so far. but i paid 599 for a laptop w/ a slot load dvd drive (really cool) hdmi output, and a t6500 c2d. which was what I was lookin for so I am happy with it.
    ber is id elicous

Slot Load CD Drives are the coolest thing since someone put milk in cereal. lol