Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: xbox360 - somethings do come back to life

Default Re: xbox360 - somethings do come back to life

Collin can you post a picture of the other side of that computer I would like to see the inside thanks.

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

Sadly thats the only picture I have of it. (completed) Circa April 06.

That project had/has so many ups and downs I don't even know if I want to post the worklog I had over at twistedforums. Currently it's canceled, but may be revived for like the 7th time..

PM if you want details or more pictures, I don't wanna thread jack.

-CollinstheClown

towel trick = reflowing solder.... by frying everything else inside..
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

The towel trick only temp solves the problem. the more its done the less change of success.

its poor that you have to over heat the damn thing before it will work again. 15mins with no fans = scary times for me.

Tho it is good when you want particular results with out voiding the warranty, wink wink, say no more

I want to more of that collins. looks interesting the way its integrated with the computer in there.

anyone seen the watercooled version and the super huge heat sink what sticks out of the case. i love em both
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1

Quote Originally Posted by si-skyline View Post
    I want to more of that collins. looks interesting the way its integrated with the computer in there.
    That was the only picture I had of when it was first made. It was my senior project for Vo-Tech. Pictured is a very poor mod IMO, the pump and res are in a terrible and extremely inefficient spot. I was able to do my presentation but as soon as it was over the 360 overheated. Noob me used F-connectors to split the loop between the xbox and the pc. Water took the PC path because it was easier.

It was called project "PC-360", I put a 360 and a full PC in the same case under a single watercooling loop. The P-180 actually work very well for the size that it is. Back then I had a GeForce 5500, so fitting the 360 mobo was no big deal. Now I have dual 9800 GT's, so the P-180 is out of the question.

I did come accross a Lian Li that work really well for a redesign for the whole mod, but funds came up short, and time was little. Plus I had just moved and never had time to work on it so I canceled it and chucked the case.

I have everything set up in a way that I really have no need to have the 360 right here, it's currently behind me on my HDTV. I will be moving all the stuff out of the basement within the next couple months or so which would give me a reason to pick this thing up again.

Watercooling the 360 was a mod in itself, I had 3 or 4 different versions for mounting blocks. I wish TF would open up the mod section again, this way I could just link you guys to the worklog. It's a journey, thats for sure... lol
    anyone seen the watercooled version and the super huge heat sink what sticks out of the case. i love em both
    Yeah haha! Did you see the 360 Slim?

-CollinstheClown

Yeah, not too sure the one you seen.. came across two designs of the xbox-360 slim

and..

The first looking like nothing.. a rip of a ps2 slim xD of course that's where the idea came from.

the second looks realistic and quite an attractive piece.

The problems I could see with it is the current 360 has heating issues, one of the main factors causing it was a last minute decision to swap the heat sinks out for a smaller set. so they cannot swap for a smaller set again without under powering.

There has also been talk about a new chip what will fly into the xbox slim with the size of 45nm and house both the CPU and GPU what will allow them to make the overall size smaller.

be prepared for a high price for the new technology, Its not coming cheap
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1

I'm refering to this one:
    http://www.modsnbits.com/?page_id=17

The ones you posted look like fake mock-ups.

-CollinstheClown

The problems I could see with it is the current 360 has heating issues, one of the main factors causing it was a last minute decision to swap the heat sinks out for a smaller set. so they cannot swap for a smaller set again without under powering.

There has also been talk about a new chip what will fly into the xbox slim with the size of 45nm and house both the CPU and GPU what will allow them to make the overall size smaller.
    I was just going to say "unless they used more powerful hardware, and underclocked it."

Then I read the rest of your post.

..back on topic now..

I've x-clamped a dozen or so xboxes for friends. Some were out of warranty, some just didnt want to wait for shipping. I got a free one that was RRoD'd so I tried it on my own first, and it worked!

Certainly there will always be the exception to the rule, but sometimes you get lucky.

Maybe we should post this type of thread into the "Other Mods" section? Maybe I could post a worklog of an Xclamp mod that I did?

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

I think a worklog of the xclamp mod would be wonderful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

I'll get on it tonight.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro