Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to: Reformat a computer with Windows 7 by Datech

Default How to: Reformat a computer with Windows 7 by Datech

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=366]How to: Reformat a computer with Windows 7 by Datech[/drupal]

By Datech

Windows 7 is just around the corner; do you know what you are going to do with it? I do! You are going to get rid of XP, Vista, Mint, Snow Leopard, Knoppix, and all the rest and install 7! Why? Because Bill Gat- er, Datech, said so!

Honestly though, this is the best version of Windows to date. I am currently running a legal copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on my laptop and I love it. To any of those naysayers who will be happy to point out 7 won't be released until October and these are screenshots from a cracked RTM, you are wrong. So, if you are in the position to upgrade your OS, do so, and follow my helpful guide!
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Default Re: How to: Reformat a computer with Windows 7 by Datech

.... cough ... you never got round to explaining how you have a legal copy prior to release ... ???

Windows 7 was released to MSDN in early August.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

thx.

CB

Wow, that task bar looks... flakey, Looks better then the vista one, Not 100% if i like it yet.
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1

I love it honestly. Makes everything a LOT cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by si-skyline View Post
    Wow, that task bar looks... flakey, Looks better then the vista one, Not 100% if i like it yet.
    I am .. 100% sure .. Win7 also seems to spawn half the running processes as vista which would account for the speed increases it shows to a large extent.

CB

Fresh Paint

New to forum, am totally pc unaware.(older lady).. and have vista on my pc. I want tp purchase windows 7 because vista is so full of glitches, my pc crashes everytime i try to update anything.
    I want to print out your instructions, but it keeps giving me error messages.
    Firstly, is it better to make clean reformat, and then, what do you do to reinstall other software, which one first, etc.. I need help please...

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

The fact that your PC crashes a lot is not a problem inherent to Vista; it sounds like there are other problems there, though without more detailed information I couldn't really guess what. That is not to say that you necessarily shouldn't upgrade to 7, just that (given current info) it isn't really necessary, and likely wouldn't solve any problems other than by merit of wiping everything and giving you a clean slate.

I'm happy to help, but it sounds like the best course of action for you may be to find a local computer repair/service company who could examine your computer directly and give you better advice. Reinstalling the OS by itself is not a very complicated process, but rebuilding the environment (drivers, programs, etc) may be daunting for someone "totally pc unaware". If you can't find a good company, another place to look may be the student computer services office at a local university. The staff director of the office may be able to recommend certain of their student employees who are skilled and trustworthy, and they would likely charge less than a professional too. I did a few jobs like that for people in the community when I was a full-time student, and it worked out great for everyone involved; I got some extra income at way higher than the rate I normally got paid at my job and they got quick in-home service for less than the cost of taking it in to a shop.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Hi, I need some help badly.

I'm at Image 14 of the page http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/?q=node/366, and I've deleted one of the partitions but I'm still unable to complete my windows set up.

It says, setup was unable to create a new partition or locate an existing partition. see the setup log files for more information.

I'm stucked. Please help. Thanks!