Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anything special you do to cool off when things / people are making you angry?

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Anything special you do to cool off when things / people are making you angry?

If you checked out my update on my chest pains you would have noticed that I have mild hypertension. This does explain my short fuse lately. I have been getting ticked off at some of the littlest things. I caught my self so mad at my HOA yesterday that I was shaking like I has Parkinsons.

To be honest I think that the recent loss of a nice sized contract, the lack of much work the last 2 months, and this hypertension is what is making my temper so short. I tell my self to calm down in my head but the thought of anything related to what is ticking me off just builds that anger and frustration. I mean I am not a lit canon waiting to go off on someone. I am just finding myself being pushed more and more by little things lately.

So is there anything you do to calm yourself down when you get mad?

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default Re: Anything special you do to cool off when things / people are making you angry?

This won't help, but you asked....

I punch things - usually walls or metal signs - I think I fractured a bone once but, it takes me from ready to kill someone/thing to under some semblance of control in seconds - I've only been THAT bad on 3 occasions ever but there might be a safer more socially acceptable version - punchbag maybe? Assuming, of course, your doc doesn't ban strenuous exercise.....

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Default Re: Anything special you do to cool off when things / people are making you angry?

Quote Originally Posted by slaveofconvention View Post
    This won't help, but you asked....

I punch things - usually walls or metal signs - I think I fractured a bone once but, it takes me from ready to kill someone/thing to under some semblance of control in seconds - I've only been THAT bad on 3 occasions ever but there might be a safer more socially acceptable version - punchbag maybe? Assuming, of course, your doc doesn't ban strenuous exercise.....
    thats basically what i do. the worst times are when you have something electronic in your hands and you feel like smashing the hell out of it, but you still need your cell phone...

that might be why my keyboard led's keep flickering. i have been pissed of at my pc and the keyboard takes the majority of my anger.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

I have an old, broken down desktop for that puropse
    I throw it out the window, then whack it with a baseball bat until I feel better

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Did your doctor give you anything for the hypertension i had the same problem i would get so mad my had started to hurt bad .

My doctor gave me lisinopril for the hypertension and it does seem to help which im on other meds as well it does take a little while to work what i try to do is get as far away from what ever is causing my anger.
    u all else fails go to the bathroom for a min if you can it can fo wonders
    Last edited by Liquid_Scope_99; 08-29-2009 at 02:44 PM. Reason: grammer

Distance yourself from the situation. After an argument has reached the point were
    shouting is the the only option, you will only agitate it further by participating.
    Be mature, calm, and collected. Do not allow other people to ruin your day.
    Above all you must never act as an intermediary. To place yourself between individuals
    and/or there opinions in an aggressive situation will only lead to physical or mental injury.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I like to talk or debate about things that won't lead to serious arguments, its sometimes hard to find people who can keep a level head though. I also like to solve puzzles or think about difficult but fun questions, like about space or god or sciences or whatever works for you. Basically, I just occupy my mind on mentally demanding things so I won't have the time to think about whatever I'm mad about/at and then by the time I'm done, I'm cooled off. Works for me anyways.

It is kind of funny to go up to people and demand that they debate with you for a couple minutes too. The look on their faces makes me laugh sometimes which also helps. lol

Edit: Oooh, I also post rants on TBCS. That strangely helps for some reason. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

-Workout
    -Heavy Bag
    -Go for drives
    -First person shooters
    -Go out with friends/girlfriend
    -Watch cartoons
    -Sleep
    -Alcohol
    -Nicotine

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

I drink lol

But don't take that as advice, booze sure never solved any problems.

Mebbe join a gym, take your aggressions out on some weights or a punching bag. When something is super pissing you off, do the ol hold your breath and count to 10. I have to do that at work, because I am surrounded by grosss incompitence. Especially if there is someone in particular pissing you off, wait, and think about the consequences before you pop off at the mouth. The situation may suck, but your temper, and your mouth, can sure make it worse. Trust me, the more you do it (the stopping and thinking about it part) the easier it gets. I have gotten myself in sooooo much trouble because I get mad. I have gotten way better at, well, keepin my trap shut.
    Idk if any of this will help, or if it's some some pontificating dribble, but I hope it does.
    My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Scope_99 View Post
    Did your doctor give you anything for the hypertension i had the same problem i would get so mad my had started to hurt bad .

My doctor gave me lisinopril for the hypertension and it does seem to help which im on other meds as well it does take a little while to work what i try to do is get as far away from what ever is causing my anger.
    u all else fails go to the bathroom for a min if you can it can fo wonders

He told me yesterday by phone that I was mildly hypertensive. I have an appointment Monday so he can go over all my test with me. He said there are some things of concern but I am mostly healthy.