Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anything special you do to cool off when things / people are making you angry?

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Default Re: Anything special you do to cool off when things / people are making you angry?

my bad i missed the mildly part maybe cholesterol but i dont know probably will tell you to watch the soduim.
    The mostly healthy part is great man .
    Hopefully you can get the hypertension straight too good luck .
    Mine was mild when it started then i had a surgery and they said i shot up in surgery been on meds ever since

Default Re: Anything special you do to cool off when things / people are making you angry?

ugh that sucks.

as for what I do to stay calm, depends on the severity of the situation. distancing yourself, counting from 10 to 1 backwards and holding your breath helps. I also like to shoot guns. lol if something is really bothering me I head up into the mountains and burn through some .22 shells cause they are cheap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

I tend not to get super angry often but everynow and then (like when dealing with the worst of customers at work) I can get pretty upset and I'll get all stressed out and start to physically shake.

When possible I like to go for a drive to cool off. I usually don't do it If I'm very angry though because I'll get more of an urge to drive in a manner some might consider risky. In my highly emotional state I'm much more likely to throw caution to the wind. Though its not my safety I worry about so much as ending up in jail for doing 100 down the highway.

Other than driving I just try to keep away from whats upsetting me, and keep my mind off of it. I have a problem with replaying things in my mind over and over obsessively and I can get my self worked up pretty easily.

Video games help, maybe just browsing the internet looking for a distraction. Really just any of the modern forms of entertainment that "dull" the mind.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

One of my favorite lines to use when super annoyed or angry or whatever. I just keep telling myself this...

"Its okay, its not their fault that their mentally challenged, you can't get mad at that right?"

lol works for me anyways.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

I am almost positive that he is going to tell me that my cholesterol is high. I eat a ton of eggs, red meat, and pork. I also love salt and use it on almost everything. I am trying to cut back on that some. I am also going to cut back on the energy drinks. So if you hear about a dip in monsters sales its because I have cut back.

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    I am trying to cut back on that some. I am also going to cut back on the energy drinks. So if you hear about a dip in monsters sales its because I have cut back.
    I completely gave up Dr. Pepper three years ago. It was not as hard as it sounds. The doctor told me that I was diabetic and gave me a horrible list of things that would happen if I didn't get it under control. I was motivated because I did not want certain lower extremities to fall off or stop working. Fortunately I lost 60 pounds and eliminated the need to take that dreaded diabetic medicine. Even though I do not need medicine anymore, I still need to follow a diabetic diet to maintain my condition.

For anger management, I mentally count to ten if I feel the need to snap at someone.

It doesn't help much when the situation is right NOW, but I've got a fire pit in the yard. That's my therapy/de-stess time. I'm out there every night that I can with a fire going, sometimes with adult beverages. Much more relaxing to sit back with a fire and watch the stars than it is to watch TV. When it's the middle of the week I just tell myself that friday isn't that far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msmrx57 View Post
    When it's the middle of the week I just tell myself that friday isn't that far away.
    I like to break down large fragments of time in to a number of smaller fragments and it makes it easier to handle. Its kinda like lying to yourself I guess but oh well. For instance. I don't work a week, i work five days. I can handle five days of work. You can use this with any chunk of time and just try not to focus on the larger measure but instead the smaller fragment that your working on right now.

Idk, it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    I am also going to cut back on the energy drinks. So if you hear about a dip in monsters sales its because I have cut back.
    That's tough, but it's worth it. Not only will you feel/sleep better, you'll save a bunch of money. I'm sure that Partylikearockstar is keeping the energy drink companies afloat anyways.

As for anger management, I put on some running shoes, and go for a walk. No matter when or where, if I get angry enough, the only solution for me is to walk away. I've punched more holes in walls than I'd care to admit, and I've destroyed things and instantly regretted it. I can't go for a drive, because my road rage is probably the worst anger I get.. if I'm already in a bad mood, I just look for a fight.

Ipod, shoes, walking trail. Or running.. but that's not a good idea if you are having heart troubles. Maybe try some walking meditation? (Off the street of course.. haha)

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

I just got back from the Dr. Just like was predicted I have high cholesterol, mild hypertension, and am about 40lbs overweight. He set me up with a nutritionist, gave me 2 prescriptions, and I have to come back once every 2 months for the next year for follow up blood work.