Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thermaltake's Mechanical Keyboard.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Thermaltake's Mechanical Keyboard.

After a flood of positive reviews of Thermaltake's Challenger Pro Keyboard (ours coming next week) Thermaltake has taken the next step and designed a mechanical keyboard for all of you picky typers out there. It will go on sale later this month for $125ish. Check out my friend and Thermaktake Marketing Director Ramsom Koay being interviewed by Legit Reviews on the new Meka G1 mechanical keyboard.

Default Re: Thermaltake's Mechanical Keyboard.

as long as its nice an clicky with a standard layout and spacing, im interested.

There is another video in the "related videos" where they show the Cherry black switches being pressed. It doesn't seem to make the clicking noise that I was expected.

Key presses at ~1:00

I have been really milling over a Razer Black Widow, but I may have to reconsider now.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

I will see if I can get a video of someone typing away on one.

On a side note, if anyone is thinking of a new gaming keyboard and does not mind a normal membrane keyboard Thermaltake's Challenger is pretty awesome. I got the one I am reviewing in yesterday and after using it since 5:30am est today I can say that this this is AWESOME! I have been editing a few photos or a brochure and with my actions macroed to the f keys I always wanted to macro my key combos to other keys. With the challenger I have macroed my most used combos to the T1-T10 keys. Will report back on gaming with it in my review.
    Last edited by Oneslowz28; 11-18-2010 at 02:03 PM.

I'm using one of the new Steelseries with the built-in gaming pad and I'm enjoying it immensely, as an upgrade from a G15 v2. If they want to send me one to test, I'll gladly type a few chapters of my book on it for a REAL torture test.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

you can send me one for review, i promise ill send it back too. theres nowhere around here that has nice keyboards. so i cant try before i buy
    Not dead yet

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

I don't get why this keyboard is 130 bucks. What's "mechanical" mean in terms of a keyboard?

What they NEED to do is make a keyboard with powered USB.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

'mechanical' means that instead of using membrane or foam switch you use a mechanical switch, giving you a tactile feel and crisp key stroke
    Not dead yet

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    'mechanical' means that instead of using membrane or foam switch you use a mechanical switch, giving you a tactile feel and crisp key stroke
    Yeah clicky not spongy. My boss has a mechanical keyboard and I can hear the bugger from down the hall

there are different switch types, cherry blacks for example are silent, as are clears (if i remember correctly) while the blues and possibly the browns are clicky.
    Not dead yet