Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why would anyone build this?

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Why would anyone build this?

I found a website that sells custom PC's.....

Well, not really, they're all pre mods. The specs have me confused. Why would you put 16GB of RAM in a PC with an X2 250?

http://www.computerlx.com/config.asp...roduct_ID=1620
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Why would anyone build this?

...that is odd... The only reason I can think of is a database server, but...that's clearly not what this is designed for.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

the answer is that the average computer user is stupid. and will buy it because "its got lots of gigs"

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

lol onboard ATi 4200 graphics.

amazingly even though its a IGU, its pci-express!!!

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    amazingly even though its a IGU, its pci-express!!!
    Well, it almost definitely actually is on the PCIe bus...not that it matters much with that low-end a GPU, but still.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

It always annoy me when people write that it's a 1000gb HDD. If you HAVE to explain it just put "(1000gb)" in parenthesis after writing that it's a 1TB HDD.
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

They should put an dancing after the 1000GB!
    WH1T3 0U7
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

That isn't the default config the site gives for the computer. Someone played with the configs before they gave you that link.

The 16GB is just an option they have on the list for all AMD systems that can hold that much memory. It is only set default for the top end quad and x6 rigs.

Whoever pointed that out to you seems like they just did so to go "Why would you put 16GB ram with an x2?" and criticize the site/company. I'd rather be given the option than not if I was going to buy a pre-built computer. If the site recommended that as a configuration it would be setup as a default; it's not, it's just an option for those who may want it, and I doubt that happens on a regular basis.

I just found the site and clicked on the build option. It wasn't given to me
    WH1T3 0U7

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    That isn't the default config the site gives for the computer. Someone played with the configs before they gave you that link.

The 16GB is just an option they have on the list for all AMD systems that can hold that much memory. It is only set default for the top end quad and x6 rigs.

Whoever pointed that out to you seems like they just did so to go "Why would you put 16GB ram with an x2?" and criticize the site/company. I'd rather be given the option than not if I was going to buy a pre-built computer. If the site recommended that as a configuration it would be setup as a default; it's not, it's just an option for those who may want it, and I doubt that happens on a regular basis.
    that seems to be what it's listed as on the main site, http://www.computerlx.com/default.aspx
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v