Thread: eSATA speed problem

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default eSATA speed problem

I'm trying to transfer some data from one SATA drive in an external enclosure to an identical SATA drive inside my machine. The enclosure I'm using has USB 2.0 and eSATA both, but when I compare the time it will take to transfer the data, they're identical?? I'm using the simple copy/past method in XP, and when it starts it gives you an estimated time. It shows me 24 minutes, regardless of which connection I use?

I've gone into the BIOS and made sure my motherboard was recognizing the drive through the eSATA port, and all the specs appeared to be correct, any idea why I'm not seeing the blazing speed (compared to USB) that I should?
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Default Re: eSATA speed problem

I've seen this same problem.. it turned out to be a driver problem in the host OS. Maybe check that.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro