Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: First "starter" mobo

"Lemme Sho' Ya' Sumtin!!!" - FMB

Default Re: First "starter" mobo

Yea, that's insane! Another thing that i thought was insane was the one Nvidia Quadro Videocard that supports 4 monitors by itself! I was like wow that's a little overkill!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

This one is the best bang for the buck, but the layout is kind of meh. Its also the only one that has on-board video though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128388

This one is a bit more costly, but has a much better layout.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128380

This one is even more costly yet, but has two PCI-E x16 2.0 slots. ...and its pretty cool looking. lol :p

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813135093

There are probably better ones out there, but there were so many boards and they varied only so much, so I probably missed a few. But from what I could tell, they didn't differ all that much so I don't think there is some amazing board out there that I missed. They differ mainly by layout and I didn't want to compare pictures between five and a half billion boards. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

This one is pretty nice too...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157135

Bah! There are so many choices! Its only slightly ridiculous. No wonder you wanted help. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Haha. Yea! I am kind of like a kid in a candy store and i can only choose one thing!

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

You guys to to locate the edit button. How many separate posts do you need to make to get your point across? They're all 10 minutes or less apart
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Is there a problem with that?

Yea, yea....i know the forum rules i've been on plenty of them. I am getting some really good help here.

don't go with socket 775, it's being phased out
    go with lga 1156, 1366, or am3
    it may cost a little more, but it's worth it if you want to upgrade your computer down the road

(in the voice of randy marsh: ) "Oh.My.God." /love

now to make my reply relevant: the 775 is being phased out, but you'll still be able to get parts for it for a long time. and in a couple of years even the extreme quads will be dirt cheap. don't drop a ton of money on a 775 board, which it looks like the recommendations are sub $100 so that's fine. nobody really 'needs' bleeding edge technology anyway. no not even you, gentle overclocker who may be reading this...

Yesterday's ultra-high-end equipment is still expensive today and will be tomorrow, due to people wishing to max out their existing hardware. The Athlon XP 3200+ was the fastest Socket A CPU; I watched people purchase them at over $100 a couple of years ago as AM2 was being phased in. Even today, they're $40, $45 and still frequently counterfeited. I don't even want to talk about the price of P4EEs.

If you want to get the most out of technology, replace your old system with a good motherboard and midrange CPU on a new socket, then upgrade the CPU once to the new midrange model later on (early C2D to C2Q, for example, or my A64 3500+ to X2 4400+). This philosophy has served me well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...