Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: recomended power supply for 2 gts 250's in sli?

Default Re: recomended power supply for 2 gts 250's in sli?

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyPlushroom View Post
    That one's just an overrated 600w PSU - seriously, walk away. I've seen probably half a dozen sites with reputable PSU reviews, and Jonny's is right up there. Trust him (and his associates).

If you can find it cheaper than most 600-650w units, it may be acceptable, but... just no.
    alright, thanks, i really appreciate the help.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN1630 View Post
    need a PSU with 2 +12 Volt rails
    Multiple rails are really pretty much BS; that's just the manufacturer covering for the fact that they can't handle a large load at any given point. It's a much better idea (and more and more manufacturers have been doing this recently) to just make a single, huge rail that can handle the full load of the PSU. Go for one of those. With the setup you have, I would say anything 500W and above will be fine if you get a high quality unit. Personally, my manufacturer preferences are:
    PC Power & Cooling
    Corsair
    OCZ
    Antec
    ...honestly, anything else I'm really hesitant to trust. Too many bad experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Multiple rails are really pretty much BS; that's just the manufacturer covering for the fact that they can't handle a large load at any given point. It's a much better idea (and more and more manufacturers have been doing this recently) to just make a single, huge rail that can handle the full load of the PSU. Go for one of those. With the setup you have, I would say anything 500W and above will be fine if you get a high quality unit. Personally, my manufacturer preferences are:
    PC Power & Cooling
    Corsair
    OCZ
    Antec
    ...honestly, anything else I'm really hesitant to trust. Too many bad experiences.
    the "hec" PSU i bauht for my origional rig was great it was 80 bucks i was skeptical too but it turned out to be a little trooper thats PSU will be good for years to come, the only reason i have to get another is because it handle the load of SLI and the 940 phenom