Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am an Idiot - Revised!

Default Re: I am an Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    Well for your sake I hope its a LGA775 because the pins on a 478 would be quite unpleasant.
    LOL

Well, I think it would have to be if it's a 3.8ghz.. didnt those ONLY come in 775's?

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    LOL

Well, I think it would have to be if it's a 3.8ghz.. didnt those ONLY come in 775's?
    I think they made a few as socket 478s.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    A week ago, I bought a P4 3.8GHz chip off ebay for around $40. It came in the mail and I do remember getting it and looking at the top to make sure it said 3.8GHz. Now it's missing. I cannot find it for the life of me. I looked everywhere to no avail.

It's gone
    do you have kids? since I'm a proud father of a 5yo daugther, her room is the first place I look when I lose something.... lol

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

My cat Leo has a fascination with watching things drop from high places, so I usually check the floor underneath where I last saw an item if I've lost it, lol. One time, I was sitting on the couch watching TV with my phone on the coffee table. Leo jumped on the coffee table, sat there for a second, looked at my phone, looked at me, looked at my phone, and just ever so slightly swatted it off the table. Watched it drop, looked back at me, and walked off. Little prick...
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Quote Originally Posted by Datech View Post
    My cat Leo has a fascination with watching things drop from high places, so I usually check the floor underneath where I last saw an item if I've lost it, lol. One time, I was sitting on the couch watching TV with my phone on the coffee table. Leo jumped on the coffee table, sat there for a second, looked at my phone, looked at me, looked at my phone, and just ever so slightly swatted it off the table. Watched it drop, looked back at me, and walked off. Little prick...
    Hehe, too funny.

My Blue and Gold Macaw, Oscar does the same thing. Instead of the look though, he just laughs. He finds it particularly funny to drop things on the dog. Food, drinks, toys. Doesn't matter.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

I could tell you some pretty funny stories about my old cat, Felix. but I dont wanna hijack this thread

I always lose stuff, and then find them when I move in the most random places. lol I've found computer parts under my bathroom sink before. dont ask me why.

oh and now that I have a son, I find all kinds of random stuff everywhere. like ramen noodle packets in my computer desk. thats always worth a smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Awesome!! I found it!

I remember now, I got my mail, opened the package to my processor, carried it in the laundry room and set it down. I carried my laundry up and forgot about the processor till the next morning when I couldn't find it. It was still sitting next to the detergent!
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    Awesome!! I found it!

I remember now, I got my mail, opened the package to my processor, carried it in the laundry room and set it down. I carried my laundry up and forgot about the processor till the next morning when I couldn't find it. It was still sitting next to the detergent!
    Ready for a cleaning!
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    LOL

Nope, i have a 3.8GHz P4 s478 Extreme Edition, it does work, but the only way to is to use a bloddy powerful cooler, i cant deal with the sound of a jet comming from the pc, its freeking mad!

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Re: I am an Idiot - Revised!

Mine is 775, but I assume it's just as hot
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440