Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Panel Audio Header

ATX Mental Case

Default Front Panel Audio Header

I have a Intel 915GAV. It has the built-in Intel HD Audio with Realtek Chipset. Now there are three multi-funtional input ouput stereo jack at the back and you can connect to a Fron Panel Audio via the internal audio header on the motherboard. But the problem is that my Case doesn't have the header type front panel connector. Can someone help me figure out how to connect the headers so that i can make my own front panel jack. I already have the 3.5mm stereo jacks.
    Here is what the Header diagram looks like:

Please help...

Project :: RONIN
    .:. C2D E8400 3.0 .:. Asus Rampage Formula .:.Sapphire HD 3870 X2 .:. Corsair XMS2 4GB DDR2 800Mhz.:. Thermaltake ToughPower 850 W .:.

Project :: RONIN [Dress Rehearsal]
    .:. P4 3.0 HT .:. Sapphire X800 XL Ultimate .:. 1GB DDR 400Mhz .:. ThermalTake Big Typhoon Cooler .:. ThermalRock Ninja Power 420W .:.
    [Microlab Case with Custom Front Mesh Bezel]

Sponsors :: Koolance

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Front Panel Audio Header

Nobody feel like helping me a little???

.:. C2D E8400 3.0 .:. Asus Rampage Formula .:.Sapphire HD 3870 X2 .:. Corsair XMS2 4GB DDR2 800Mhz.:. Thermaltake ToughPower 850 W .:.

.:. P4 3.0 HT .:. Sapphire X800 XL Ultimate .:. 1GB DDR 400Mhz .:. ThermalTake Big Typhoon Cooler .:. ThermalRock Ninja Power 420W .:.

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Don't be so hasty. You only waited a day for a reply, and your description was vague.

Your task is simple. Just you will need three male 3.5mm jacks and three female 3.5mm jacks. Drill holes for the female ones where you need them on the front, and mount them there. Solder the appropriate speaker wire to them. Run the cables through the back of your case and out a small hole, say for a fan or through an empty mobo slot. Solder your male connectors on and plug them all into their appropriate plugs. Easy. If you need more help, pictures of the plugs and everything would be nice.
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by tybrenis
    Don't be so hasty. You only waited a day for a reply, and your description was vague.

Your task is simple. Just you will need three male 3.5mm jacks and three female 3.5mm jacks. Drill holes for the female ones where you need them on the front, and mount them there. Solder the appropriate speaker wire to them. Run the cables through the back of your case and out a small hole, say for a fan or through an empty mobo slot. Solder your male connectors on and plug them all into their appropriate plugs. Easy. If you need more help, pictures of the plugs and everything would be nice.
    Will get on those pics right away boss...

ATX Mental Case

Dude, this is what I was talking about....
    see the fluro-yellow headers, they are for connecting front panel audio. I just wanna know which pin does what so that i can make my own...

And I already have the 3.5 mm jacks installed...

And here is the control Panel for all that...

I could have swore I posted in the topic yesterday afternoon... I can't seem to find it now. Owell I'll redraw and repost the image tonight.
    -Gutte
    No, I'm not a compleate Idiot!
    Some parts are missing.

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by Guttenaffe
    I could have swore I posted in the topic yesterday afternoon... I can't seem to find it now. Owell I'll redraw and repost the image tonight.
    Thanks Gutt, that would be really cool dude.

Red = Right (R)
    White = Left (L)
    Gray = ground (GND)

srry I was late, fell asleep when I got home last night, so I redid it for you tonight.

edit:You might want to zoom in on the image in a paint progie, looks like I made it to small.
    -Gutte
    No, I'm not a compleate Idiot!
    Some parts are missing.

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by Guttenaffe

Red = Right (R)
    White = Left (L)
    Gray = ground (GND)

srry I was late, fell asleep when I got home last night, so I redid it for you tonight.

edit:You might want to zoom in on the image in a paint progie, looks like I made it to small.
    Cool now how do i connect that to the pins on the motherboard? :p

Fresh Paint

[QUOTE=Guttenaffe]

Red = Right (R)
    White = Left (L)
    Gray = ground (GND)
    QUOTE]
    On many newer MB the header for the front audio needs a pass through, and have sunts on them. So this means that you will need a 5 pin female that is a switched type.
    (The plug on the Right)
    This way when you plug in your headphones it will shut off your speakers. Along with the 5 pin female switched plug, you will also need old headers from a old puter case, such as the power, hd and power led headers, the two wire kind is best.

So the header will look like this.
    left Audio out-left Audio in.
    Right Audio-Right Audio in.
    Ground-?(probley Mic).
    Mic power-?
    they may not be in this order, but if it's a pass through MB then they will be group something like this. Look at your manual, to find the pin out! On my DFI MB it is like this.

Header on MB -------------- Plug
    Mic-Ground----- to Mic--grey (GND) on plug (base of plug)

Mic power-Audio Vol-- to Mic pw--N/A

Right AD out-Right AD in-----Red AD out--(?color)Ad in
    Nc-no key
    left AD out-left AD in-- White Left Ad out--(?color)Ad in
    By pushing in the male plug in you will see what is the in and out on the female plug. As long as you get the pass through wires on the left and right plugs, you can just flip the header if you are not sure if you got the in and out right!