Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New, Used and hard-to find parts

ATX Mental Case

Default New, Used and hard-to find parts

Greetings!

Just joined this community recently....I've been working on computers since DOS was the OS so I've accumilated a few parts over the years. If you are looking for something, send me a pm and I'll see if I can help you out.

BBD

Fresh Paint

Default Re: New, Used and hard-to find parts

Oh its very interesting. Could you provide me more information ?

johntvery@operamail.com

johntvery@hotmail.com

Overclocked

I can say the same Need a giant 10mb 5.25 hard drive? How about a 20mb drive? Have about 10 of them. Some SCSI 1.2 gig drives. And a 5mb HD on a ISA card. All still working. Or a whole bunch of ISA cards? I even still have an old ISA Adlib that works. Just keep throwing them in boxes and NEVER seem to throw any away with each upgrade. If they ever open a PC musuem, I can supply them

Rankenphile

Have any pics of some of this stuff? I find a lot of inspiration looking at classic designs of these clunky old beasts.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Rankenphile
    Have any pics of some of this stuff? I find a lot of inspiration looking at classic designs of these clunky old beasts.
    Sorry, forgot I posted over here. If you're talking to me, not sure.
    I don't have the cases anymore, just the old drives and ISA cards. I would strip the cases, throw the stuff in a box, and toss the cases and PSUs.

ATX Mental Case

Yea, I did the same thing-didn't have room for all those cases. Still got a lot of 50-pin SCSI stuff I can't use-remember when those used to be the envy of the speed crowd because they were so much faster than ATA?

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaddog
    Yea, I did the same thing-didn't have room for all those cases. Still got a lot of 50-pin SCSI stuff I can't use-remember when those used to be the envy of the speed crowd because they were so much faster than ATA?
    Sure do.

One case I do still have. I have it displayed on my wall in my home office. A Timex Sinclair 1000

It was my first home PC. It had a whole 2k memory. And I think it was a blazing .001 mhz I wrote little programs in old BASIC for it. You had to use a tape recorder for a drive, and it hooked up to your TV for a monitor. The one on the wall still works. Timex, and still keeps right on ticking. Who'd a thunk it? Mod that puppy

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by MDCS
    Sure do.

One case I do still have. I have it displayed on my wall in my home office. A Timex Sinclair 1000

It was my first home PC. It had a whole 2k memory. And I think it was a blazing .001 mhz I wrote little programs in old BASIC for it. You had to use a tape recorder for a drive, and it hooked up to your TV for a monitor. The one on the wall still works. Timex, and still keeps right on ticking. Who'd a thunk it? Mod that puppy
    Wow-haven't seen one of those in years! Remember the Texas Instrument computer, can't remember the model number, but it hooked to the TV and had a white screen and black type just like a typewriter? Seems like it was a 2K computer as well. Had a tiny keyboard too.

If they ever open a PC musuem, I can supply them
    Someone should

ATX Mental Case

there is, Boulder city. It is called digibarn or something can't remember. At least I think it is boulder city... Well it is boulder something and digi something.