Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: audacity recording

Default Re: audacity recording

L.m.g.t.f.y.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

pwned.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Is it a MP3/AAC stream, sort of like something off of a shoutcast server? If so, use Streamripper (it's open source, though some of it's GUIs are not) to capture it.

As for in audacity, you are looking for a audio loopback if you want to capture "what you hear". I don't have anything running Linux at the moment to tell you how to do it, but in Windows you basically have to own a Creative card to do it (and it looks like you may not be able to do it in Windows Vista/7 either).
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mtekk View Post
    Is it a MP3/AAC stream, sort of like something off of a shoutcast server? If so, use Streamripper (it's open source, though some of it's GUIs are not) to capture it.

As for in audacity, you are looking for a audio loopback if you want to capture "what you hear". I don't have anything running Linux at the moment to tell you how to do it, but in Windows you basically have to own a Creative card to do it (and it looks like you may not be able to do it in Windows Vista/7 either).
    thanks.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Overclocked

if you are running windows, windows has a habit of disabling the stereo mix device by default.

you need to go into the control panel and look for sound/recording devices. I cant remember how to do it exactly, but i remember needing to right click and enabling the showing of disabled devices, then enabling the stereo mix "device".

Then you need to select it in audacity. Also a good idea to set it to record in stereo
    Current Mod
    AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition 2.7GHz (Overclock Not Tested)
    OCZ 2x2GB DDR2 800Mhz GOLD XTC Memory
    Samsung HD502HI 500GB Hard Drive SATAII - Green Drive
    Zotac 9800GT Synergy Edition 512MB DDR3
    Artic Power 500W PSU
    Gigabyte GA-M57 SLI-S4 Rev. 2.0