Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 7 Xp mode

Overclocked

Default Re: Windows 7 Xp mode

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    All virtual machines are slow. I've been using VirtualPC 2007 for a couple of years but I do nothing intensive in it. Mainly IRC, MSN and some browsing, works perfect for my needs.

Frankly, if you want old games to work, talk to the developers. btw, DosBOX is still the only emulator I need.
    I didnt notice the virtual machines to be slow I found they were fast but I was runing it off a second hardrive with 1gig dedicated each so they had plenty of power to run..

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Yeah, the speed of VMs in terms of pretty much everything except for graphics (and some other specialized hardware) entirely depends on the virtualization tech and the hardware you're running it on. I don't have any first-hand experience with VirtualPC, but from everything I've heard, it pretty much sucks performance-wise. VMware's offerings and VirtualBox offer much better performance (and they're still free ...well, Server and ESXi from VMware are..all their other stuff is pretty expensive).

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Yeah, the speed of VMs in terms of pretty much everything except for graphics (and some other specialized hardware) entirely depends on the virtualization tech and the hardware you're running it on. I don't have any first-hand experience with VirtualPC, but from everything I've heard, it pretty much sucks performance-wise. VMware's offerings and VirtualBox offer much better performance (and they're still free ...well, Server and ESXi from VMware are..all their other stuff is pretty expensive).
    I found the sun vm thats free is just like windows 7 with xpm but it works 100 times better..

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

yup. VirtualBox is IMO the best free desktop virtualization product on the market.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    yup. VirtualBox is IMO the best free desktop virtualization product on the market.
    It actually works... while windows 7 xpm mode doesnt another thing I noticed is there are alot of things they took out that vista had.. and replaced with crapying windows live stuff instead...