Thread: 3D Flash CS4 Techniques - Recommendations

Default 3D Flash CS4 Techniques - Recommendations

Hi Everyone..

Is anyone using Flash CS4 at the moment? I'm really interested in using the new 3D rotation and translation tools it has for web design.

I have come across a few really good introductions on the subject but I can't find anything else past the basics.

I have already tried Paul Burnett and his Flash Downunder series - it was really good but I would like to see something a bit more, such as dealing with z-space in actionscript.

Has anyone come across some good tutorials or any good books you may recommend?
    Check the TOS for rules concerning links in signatures...

Default Re: 3D Flash CS4 Techniques - Recommendations

I have yet to delve into flash CS4 but a good google search should fulfill your needs. as for good books, I like to browse amazon, usually the reviews there are really good and helpful. the Actionscript Bible is always a must, not sure how much the new one deals with development elements though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Fresh Paint

Default Re: 3D Flash CS4 Techniques - Recommendations

Well, i know that there isn't any 'real' 3D in Flash CS4, its all 3D effects on 2D objects, however, i have gotten the trial for an extension called FreeSpin3D, and it allows me to import files that i download from its resource page into the stage/library. these files are actually real 3D models, and not tweeked 2D images. That being said, i have a few questions;

1) Is there any other Extension programs out there like this that are free?
    2) Do you know of any modeling software that would allow me to make my own 3D models for free?
    3) Is it possible to edit the 3D models in Photoshop?
    4) I am very skilled in Google Sketchup; is there anyway i can convert the .skp files into a 3DS, U3D, or other usable 3D file?

I really appreciate any information guys. i am very good in flash, including its basic 3D tools, and i am familiar with 3D modeling.