Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS/FT: P4 and Athlon XP Processors, GeForce 2MX

Default FS/FT: P4 and Athlon XP Processors, GeForce 2MX

I also have a P4 1.7 GHz CPU that I pulled from an old Dell... it was working until I broke something on the motherboard trying to pop the CMOS battery out. A few pins are slightly bent, but I was able to bend them back and pop it into another socket 478 board with no problem. (This one's on eBay now).

I've got about 4 old 56k PCI modems from various old PCs if anyone has a use for them.

Open to fair offers, what I really need is a CPU fan for a 2.66 GHz P4 along with the retention clips for the motherboard. Basically an entire cooling system for the CPU as I broke the motherboard bracket and the retention clips that hold the fan down. I could also use a GeForce PCI card - nothing cutting edge, just good enough to throw in an Ubuntu box that won't do anything but run MAME and Firefox.

Figured I'd come here first before eBay, but I'll end up over there if I can't get rid of this stuff soon.

Thanks!

like the Swedish Chef with a Screwdriver gntlkilr's Avatar

Default Re: FS/FT: P4 and Athlon XP Processors, GeForce 2MX

what socket are you looking for? I have a 754 cooler laying around. If that'll work, PM me your address and I'll get it over to you.

"Voltage is like a big lake of milk surrounded by giant chocolate chip cookies. But if the chocolate chip cookies happen to break, the milk coming out is your current."

Sorry, forgot to mention it's a 768(B?). One of the ones with the plastic supports in the motherboard and the annoying clips over the fan:

Those are what the parts I broke look like.

like the Swedish Chef with a Screwdriver gntlkilr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sloppyc View Post
    Sorry, forgot to mention it's a 768(B?). One of the ones with the plastic supports in the motherboard and the annoying clips over the fan:

PM me your address and I'll ship it out to you. Free o' charge.

"Voltage is like a big lake of milk surrounded by giant chocolate chip cookies. But if the chocolate chip cookies happen to break, the milk coming out is your current."

Awesome, thanks. Much appreciated.

EDIT: Dammit, can't add rep to you until I spread it around yet.

I also wouldn't mind trading the P4 CPU for a Socket A motherboard. I'm kinda thinking I want to keep the Athlon... I have a HSF for it already, and I have an old iMac that I may want to use for my next project... yeah, definitely will be sticking the Athlon into the iMac.

Anyone have a spare Socket A (462) board to trade for a 1.7 GHz P4 and/or a GeForce2 MX?

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

I have an old Socket A motherboard. Tis a Abit AN7. I have had troubles with the whole setup but have never been able to identify whether it is the M/B if that would be of any use to you?

-gaz

Quote Originally Posted by sloppyc View Post

That would be a socket 478 mounting setup.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Luke, You're right. Brain fart or typo on my part. I forget which one it was this time.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz_the_chav View Post
    I have an old Socket A motherboard. Tis a Abit AN7. I have had troubles with the whole setup but have never been able to identify whether it is the M/B if that would be of any use to you?

-gaz
    What kind of troubles were you having? If it's nothing too serious, I'm interested.

I'm planning on installing something (probably the Athlon XP CPU mentioned above) into one of those old coloured iMacs.

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

It just takes a while as I said I couldent describe the problems. TBH I'm happy to give u the barton core erm I think 1.7ghz with that that is in it. All U need to do is pay postage. I'm not fussed about taking the Intel or the GPU. Let us know if u want it and I can send u a price.

-gaz