Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stargate Universe

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Stargate Universe

So the show premiered today. It's shot totally like Battlestar Gallactica. Kind of dark, with sex scenes and will probably flop in two years. Thanks for destoying such an amazing franchise
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Default Re: Stargate Universe

I beg to differ, it was awesome. And completely epic.

Also I feel good things should not be dragged on to just to make a never ending series, only Dr. Who pulled that off.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Haven't seen it yet, but I'll catch it when I can. I'm very hesitant about it though. As soon as I saw the kid I thought Transformers meets Stargate meets Battlestar Galactica - in other words, the show looks like a bastard child of two good shows and an okay movie. So I don't know.. it looks.. not that great yet at the same time it looks like it has potential. Just lose the kid really. (at least, that's going off of a haven't seen it yet just the previews impression)
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

I've got it set to record because I am stuck at work every Friday. Hopefully the baby in all her button pushing doesn't undo the settings and I get to watch when I get home. I hope it lasts longer then 2 years. I've felt no other Stargate series has been able to touch the original SG-1. I loved SG-1, liked Atlantis. Was devistated when 1 finished, sad when Atlantis ended. I'm hoping this series can fill that gap. Maybe this will be it. I hate when a good show turns to crap because new writers show up and say lets do it this way. Leave my shows ALONE! I hate change. Anyway back to work, then home real fast to watch this. I'll probably be back in after to cry to cheer.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Personally I really enjoyed it. It's an interesting premise.
    @Zephik: I actually like the kid; he provides a nice contrast with the more experienced personnel, and I think will serve as an excellent catalyst for character development with that jackass doctor.

I thought it was really good. I do hope this will stick around for a while. I had to close at work 1-2am on Friday so I had to record it. I couldn't wait till the next night to watch so I watched it when I got home. 2am at home then 2 hours of Stargate 3 hours of sleep then back to work at 8am, lol. I hate it when they get a bigger name in the premiers and then kill them off in the first 1 or 2 episodes. They did it on Atlantis with Robert Patrick and then on Universe with Christopher McDonald.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

They're also releasing it on Hulu, if you forget to record it.

Awesome! My recorder is on the bottom of the entertainment center and the baby likes to push buttons.

I am a big SG-1 Fan, and i have to say i really like this one....couldnt get into atlantis dont know why though

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

I can't wait to see this! It will be on the Scifi Channel in Australia on Foxtel on Firday night! I am a huge SG1 fan!
    Need a sig