Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Has anyone else been watching the new series? I just finished watching the latest episode, episode 26, and wow is this series really taking off or what!? I loved the original Fullmetal Alchemist series and Brotherhood is easily ten times more amazing than the original. Well, actually, it IS the original. Fullmetal Alchemist followed the manga loosely, Brotherhood follows the manga exactly I believe.

Ah! I can't wait until the next episode! It comes out the 11th I believe and probably won't get subbed until the day after or so.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Default Re: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

havent really been following the brotherhood version yet, i know funimation has been putting it on their youtube page, at least the subbed version, i wouldnt mind the same VA for the dub version.

Quote Originally Posted by farlo View Post
    havent really been following the brotherhood version yet, i know funimation has been putting it on their youtube page, at least the subbed version, i wouldnt mind the same VA for the dub version.
    There currently isn't a dubbed version for Brotherhood. Unless you're talking about the first series? But anyways, Hulu is also showing Brotherhood as well, but neither are up to date I believe. Leave it to the fans to sub the companies own videos faster than they can. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

i think funimation owns the US licensing for the fma stuff, i know there isnt currently a dubbed version, but im sure its in the pipeline. either way another series i know ill end up buying.

Yea I think they're going to start dubbing Brotherhood sometime next spring. Then you have to wait week by week to see each dubbed episode. Too much effort and time for me, I'll just watched subbed now. haha

And yea, Funimation does all the US FMA stuff. Although, I think its produced by Bones and then just converted into English via Funimation? I think that's how it works anyways...

yeah studio bones does all the work, and funimation just re-dubs it.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I haven't seen much of it yet; I saw the first couple and got discouraged when it looked like it was just rehashing the original. I've heard lots of great things about it since then though, so I'll probably be watching it soon, especially since 07-Ghost should be ending soon, so I'll have another spot open in my viewing schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    Although, I think its produced by Bones and then just converted into English via Funimation? I think that's how it works anyways...
    Yup, that's how it works in most of the industry. There are studios in Japan that actually make the stuff, Japanese distributors who distribute it in Japan and license it to American distributors. Occasionally two of the three are combined into one company, but more often than not they're actually three separate entities..just in case you were ever wondering why anime is so expensive over here.

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    I haven't seen much of it yet; I saw the first couple and got discouraged when it looked like it was just rehashing the original. I've heard lots of great things about it since then though, so I'll probably be watching it soon, especially since 07-Ghost should be ending soon, so I'll have another spot open in my viewing schedule.
    That's what I thought at first too, but its not rehashing the original at all. The beginning is only familiar because in the original anime series they didn't stray too far from the manga's beginning but after the beginning they just did their own thing. So the first couple episodes are basically rehashed, but only because Brotherhood is following the manga to a T whereas the original anime didn't after the beginning. In short, Brotherhood is vastly different and sooo much better than the original series was. Just push through those first couple episodes, once you're past that, it really is a totally new series and one that is, in my opinion, even better than the first.

(the odd thing is how it feels like a totally new show even though its following the same basic storyline. just goes to show how far the original anime strayed off course.)

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Cool, I'll definitely get on that..not tonight though...I finally have time to sit down and watch the new Bleach movie.

Pizza, Sam Adams, and anime. Quite possibly one of the best combinations ever.

Woah woah woah... back up a bit there buddy... what new Bleach movie?? What is it called, when was it released, original voice cast??

I'm currently re-watching Bleach from the beginning. Already on season 3 and started just two weeks ago. haha