Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Cruisin' Games for PC

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

Default Re: Car Cruisin' Games for PC

GTA is good. I stopped doing quests on Vice City after I got access the Magnum PI helicopter. After that I just cruised around the city causing trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    I just finished playing Test Drive Unlimited, spent about an hour into it. I don't like it. I hate to say it, but it's too damn difficult. At least, on a PC it is. I took me 20 attempts to taxi this lady to a destination close by, I never did finish. It kind of reminds me of a mix between need for speed and forza. I like both of those games more, so I'll stick to them. Edit: Although I will say, through that first hour of gameplay, I was thinking "damn, this is pretty cool". It's just too hard on a PC without a controller, for me anyways.

Any car game where a car gets stopped by a small bush as if it were a brick wall isn't worth the money in my opinion. Let alone having to drive slow, avoid bumps, avoid cars, and basically drive like you do in real life to complete taxi challenges. Pff. I play games to escape reality, not duplicate it! lol

Anyways, it was an alright game at best. Maybe I'm just too spoiled by GTA and NFS. Although, I do suspect it would be easier on a console or with a controller since I can play Forza just fine.
    Dude, you're using too slow of a car for the challenges. Do some basic races first to get enough money for a z06 corvette, then run around with it for a while, it'll make life easier. I hated the hitch hiker and model transportation challenges. I did them more or less last. Also, I wouldn't think of playing TDU with a keyboard. Get a wheel or gamepad with analog sticks. I kinda waiting for TDU2 to come out with weather, off road races, and hopefully a more destructible environment. Also, keep in mind that TDU is a three year old game .
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtekk View Post
    Dude, you're using too slow of a car for the challenges. Do some basic races first to get enough money for a z06 corvette, then run around with it for a while, it'll make life easier. I hated the hitch hiker and model transportation challenges. I did them more or less last. Also, I wouldn't think of playing TDU with a keyboard. Get a wheel or gamepad with analog sticks. I kinda waiting for TDU2 to come out with weather, off road races, and hopefully a more destructible environment. Also, keep in mind that TDU is a three year old game .
    Nah, the car was fine. The speed wasn't the problem, it was everything else. You really do have to drive like you would in real life otherwise you start receiving penalties. I got there a few times, but overshot it, tried to reverse and the car just sat there as time ran out. The reverse is too much of a pain to use. You have to hit the down key twice to get the car moving in reverse, a little irritating as its unnatural to have to do that so you keep forgetting and every second counts in a race against time or others.

And totally agree about the keyboard, but its the only thing I have at the moment so I'm kind of stuck with it. It works fine with just about any other game though.

This game would have been pretty cool three years ago. But I've now been spoiled by newer games. Ones that have bushes and signs that don't act like walls of titanium. lol

What does everyone think of Burnout Paradise? Any complaints, compliments?
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.