Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Cruisin' Games for PC

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Car Cruisin' Games for PC

I loved playing Driver 2 for the PS One, but it's not available for PC's. I use to drive around the city and sometimes destroy cop cars. As long as I could get away, I could easily steal a new car. Driver 1 was all that was released for the PC, but you were stuck with the same car and when it was wrecked the game was over.

Any good driver (Not racing) games like that for PC's?
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Default Re: Car Cruisin' Games for PC

GTA would be my first thought. Test Drive Unlimited let you cruise the city also, as did Need for Speed Underground (1 and 2), NFS Carbon, and I believe Burnout Paradise does too.

Yes, they are racing games, but you can just drive around (Free Roam) rather than race if you want.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

GTA San Andreas, GTA IV, NFSU 1,2,etc all are great. for maximum fun get GTA IV and San Andreas

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Burnout Paradise looks amazing! I tried installing it on my PC once before, but it didn't work for some reason. :/ It does look pretty cool though and I do believe it has free-roam. I think you can also free-roam with other players via internet?

I love free-roam games. So much fun. I still remember playing Driver 2. Damn that game rocked. I loved finding places to do tricks or get serious air. haha (or the hidden cars, those rocked!)
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

another vote for burnout paradise, you can race if you want or just cruise. graphics are excellent.

I got burnout paradise for ps3 its fun.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

++ GTA
    I'd add GTA Vice City in addition to San Andreas and 4. It doesn't have quite as big a map, but it's still pretty big. Only problem with GTA is that you actually have to do some of the quests if you want to explore the entire map...or you could just unlock it with cheats..that works too.
    GTA has the added benefit that if you get tired of driving around, you can go blow stuff up for a while instead
    I gotta say, purely for random driving around purposes, I actually like San Andreas best because it has so much non-city area; much more variety in the places you could drive around in....grrr, this is making me want to go install it again just to drive a motorcycle off cliffs... Also, it has planes...and parachutes. Those made for fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    GTA would be my first thought. Test Drive Unlimited let you cruise the city also, as did Need for Speed Underground (1 and 2), NFS Carbon, and I believe Burnout Paradise does too.

Yes, they are racing games, but you can just drive around (Free Roam) rather than race if you want.
    Test Drive Unlimited lets you ride/drive (it has bikes ) anywhere on the island, minus the "race track" and a side island, regardless of you level. The three NFS only give you a chunk of the map at a time, IIRC (my brother has NFS Underground 2, Carbon, Most Wanted, and Pro Street, I only have TDU).

What I like about TDU is that you can really play around with the difficulty and realism in the vehicle handling. The defaults are good enough that you can get into the game and actually control the vehicle with a gamepad (I'm using the WingMan RumblePad). However, there is a hardcore mode (have to unlock though leveling up), that is very realistic, and you want a steering wheel when in that mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Test Drive Unlimited! It is a sandbox game with a bunch of cars, and bikes.

Here is a few videos from my Xbox version. Still need to pick up the PC one.

If you want to see more, I can shoot/upload some. I also have a couple online races on my profile.

Great game. I have well over 300 hours into it.
    Current Projects
    -1979 Jeep DJ5 "Mail Jeep"
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I just finished playing Test Drive Unlimited, spent about an hour into it. I don't like it. I hate to say it, but it's too damn difficult. At least, on a PC it is. I took me 20 attempts to taxi this lady to a destination close by, I never did finish. It kind of reminds me of a mix between need for speed and forza. I like both of those games more, so I'll stick to them. Edit: Although I will say, through that first hour of gameplay, I was thinking "damn, this is pretty cool". It's just too hard on a PC without a controller, for me anyways.

Any car game where a car gets stopped by a small bush as if it were a brick wall isn't worth the money in my opinion. Let alone having to drive slow, avoid bumps, avoid cars, and basically drive like you do in real life to complete taxi challenges. Pff. I play games to escape reality, not duplicate it! lol

Anyways, it was an alright game at best. Maybe I'm just too spoiled by GTA and NFS. Although, I do suspect it would be easier on a console or with a controller since I can play Forza just fine.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.