Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: borderland

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Re: borderland

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    I HAVE to get this game. I have seen a few demos and OMG!! This looks like my kind of game. Is the 1 million different weapons thing true?
    I don't think I've ever found two with the exact specs. I may be wrong since I don't have every single thing I've found documented (that would be awesome if there was a checklist) but even similar items have different specs bonuses to make it a little different.

For example, Rifle A would have 105 damage and perks like +150 critical hit, +10 rounds and +20% firerate while a similar rifle, rifle B would have 100 damage but +30% firerate.

Aside from subtle spec differences for you to play around with for your style of gaming, there are different "special" classes, from basic to elite rares, white, green, blue, purple and orange.

Then of course your different level weapons where everything gets a bump... then 8 or so different categories of weapons like smg, repeaters, revolvers, sniper rifles, etc etc...

Maybe not a "bazillion guns" but definitely enough to where I have yet to say "damn, another one!?"

Anyway, lvl 27 with 25 hours. I spent 3 hours today helping a buddy level (I got 1xp while he got full xp for the kills) and I spent a good hour or so farming weapon caches.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Level 42 Soldier with ~40 Hours
    Working on the second playthrough which seems a lot more fun to me. First playthrough was way to fast and easy imo. I really wish the achievment list was organized by complete/incomplete and had the completion date.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised; though you'll end up just carrying most of them back to a store to sell

I love all the random sci-fi references in it.
    [spoiler-ish]
    Like, a while ago I had to go kill a bandit named 'Reaver', and later I had to go kill the leader of a town called 'Jaynistown'
    [/spoiler-ish]

For those playing and stating the difficulty is too low, are you guys playing solo?

I've heard it is pretty easy with 3 or 4 people as well, but right now playing with my fiance it is pretty tough. Then again I have to keep a close eye on her as well. But there is a big difficulty ramp up when I play solo then play with her. Things I plowed through before are quite difficult when I play with one other person.

Then again we haven't gotten to the second town yet, which I've heard a lot of complaints about that is where the balancing breaks down and most people are way overleveled for the area.

*shrug*

Right now though, playing with the fiance is far more difficult than playing solo.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I've been playing through solo, and I've felt it's pretty balanced. Except for the odd giant monster (curse you, definitely-not-Mothra-because-that-would-be-copyright-ingringement-and-now-it's-fanservice-instead) and a few idiot driving decisions, I haven't died, but I have had to 'fight for my life' quite a few times (I love that feature). There have been quite a few parts where I haven't exactly beaten it like I felt like I was supposed to, but hey, I'm a sniper...my entire arsenal is geared around killing stuff before it knows I'm there...obviously I'm gonna try and get out of a close-up fight if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by farlo View Post
    i beat the game saturday night with my hunter at lvl 33, think ill play through with a siren or brick next.

gamespy is kinda broken for some people playing multi, but gameranger fixes that problem, at least for me and friends.

zombie island of dr ned dlc is slated for a nov 24th release on the consoles, so probably early to mid dec for pcs.

gamespy isnt broken.... they just dont give it for free now
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

no gamespy itself isn't broken, but for borderlands its glitchy and rarely works correctly, even with the ports forwarded. which is why i recommended gameranger, at least untill a patch is implemented for the pc version.

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

After I forwarded a few ports I was able to host but couldn't join my buddies game who isn't behind any firewall/router. lol
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

i had the opposite, i could join but not host both before and after forwarding.

High-tech Redneck crazybillybob's Avatar

My buddies and I had issues playing together until I forwarded the following ports on my Router. Also make sure your Windows firewall isn't blocking these ports.

7777 UDP and TCP
    28900 TCP
    28910 TCP
    27900 UDP and TCP
    28902 UDP and TCP

The Last port listed is not included in any readme files, but was the magic sliver bullet that got it all to work.

LVL 50 Brawler, LVL 30 Hunter....