Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Table with see through glass Computer. Look inside.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Table with see through glass Computer. Look inside.

Could definitely be done; what kind of 'waterfall' are you thinking?

Fresh Paint

No positive yet. Itching at it. Brainstorming throughout my day. Now since all the computer componants would go through this liquid How would i do the D-sub, audio connections, and all that. Still brainstorming.
    Any advice.

Btw x88x. Im loving your help =)

No prob.

Among the full-immersion mods I've seen, there have generally been two takes on the connectors; either seal the current rear panel and have it exposed like on a normal system, or have extenders just for the connectors that you'll actually use, and have them terminate at another sealed location. The former has the benefit of being easier to implement, but the latter results in a cleaner look and makes it easier to replace components at a later date.

Fresh Paint

Let me think. I'm thinking of having the hard drive and everything on the right. The water fall probbly in front of the mother board with tubing to move the water around. The tubing coming out frm the left and right side of somewhere.

Question is. Where can I get the parts for this. I think 8020.net or .com has the steel frame. Now not sure what size the arylic sheet big enough. And how can I make the mobo trat with arylic?

I would definitely recommend drawing up plans before ordering any materials, especially with something of this size.

For the MBB tray, it's definitely possible to make a plexi one, but what'd be a lot easier (and what a lot of people I've seen do) is to use the aluminum Lian-Li MBB tray.

Fresh Paint

Thanks. Ill be drawing out plans soon. Any way i can get a 3d drawing program or something?

Google SketchUp is pretty good. And free!

http://sketchup.google.com/

This is a pretty cool idea. Why did I ever stop reading PM?

I don't know how complicated a table you're looking to make, but air cooling should work. As long as the intake was on the bottom of the desk and had a removable dust filter, it should stay pretty clean inside.
    Liquid cooling could also work if the radiator is outside the desk (or at least vents outside)...just mount it to the bottom of your removable tray.

Full immersion, being as awesome as it is, would also work but adds a bit more complexity. Depending on the hardware, you may still need to cool the oil with a rad to keep the temperatures relatively low. A completely enclosed and sealed tank would be necessary for the oil and it would need a way to bleed off air to get those ugly air bubbles out...unless you just don't fill it all the way, but I don't know how good that would look.
    I'm not trying to discourage you from doing the full immersion, as I'm planning an immersion project myself and I think this is pretty awesome. But if you do choose the immersion path get ready to design your way out of problems! If you need help, post your questions and I and likely many others will help troubleshoot.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Fresh Paint

Not sure yet. I like the Full-immersion idea but like you said it looks to involved for my beginner mods. So ill probably go with your idea of using a filter so dust would not go in and water cooling. What you guys think?

I got this computer table i got at home. Certainly wide. Ill take a picture of it when i get home.

Ill try and 3d draw it and add on my little project to it. This should save me some money

I don't see why a couple of fans + air filters wouldn't do the trick.