Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for something, not sure what.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Looking for something, not sure what.

I like how open and social WoW is, I do not like WoW though. Does that make sense? lol

I'm just looking for something completely new and refreshing, something that is like as opposite from WoW as you can get without losing the free-roam and socialness. Anyone know of a game like that? I don't want to go around killing 20 of this or 40 of that anymore. I just want something... different. New. Exciting. Something that doesn't get old within a days time.

They should make a Need For Speed game where you're online with a bunch of other people and you race other people and you can free-roam with other people and you can get out of your car... you know what, lets just combine NFS, GTA, Second Life, WoW and whatever else I missed. Now THAT would be freaking awesome! It would be like.. real life, except cooler, and with the ability to do more things, and not permanently die forever and ever. etc etc.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Default Re: Looking for something, not sure what.

isnt that how test drive unlimited is supposed to be? I know how thats how it is on 360, although I tried it and it was alright, not super.

ATX Mental Case gamer_from_aust's Avatar

This is getting into mmorpg, though but could try Aion?
    I hope he had a few beers to blame it on....

Picking up girls at a videogame store? sigh...... a gamer's dream

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_from_aust View Post
    This is getting into mmorpg, though but could try Aion?
    Too WoW-ish. What I'm looking for... probably doesn't exist. lol

Why doesn't anyone create a racing MMO? or a GTA MMO? Those would be so cool.

I'm just so tired of "quest: kill 20 this", "quest: gather 50 of these". I need more content than that. We need to break free of that kind of MMO. No more killing all of these, or gathering all of this. I mean sure, make it part of it, don't exclude it completely, but so many MMO's focus so tightly around that kind of thing, it's just boring to me now. Thats how I could play GTA for hours on end and years after it being released. Gameplay that is vast and limited only by imagination doesn't get boring. Granted, GTA isn't quite like that, but there sure is a lot you can do in it.

They need to make a game with no limitations and with huge imagination. A game where you literally can do anything and everything. A game that is like the Mall of America, where you can't see everything or do everything in a single day let alone an entire week. I need it vast and expansive with lots of exploration and things to do.

Anyways, pretty sure a game like that doesn't exist, so anything that is basically just different works for me. GTA and NFS are fun, but playing by yourself gets boring pretty quick. It doesn't even have to be racing or anything like that, it could be the fantasy genre I don't care, I don't dislike WoW because of its genre, I dislike it because I'm tired of "quest: kill this, gather that, repeat".
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

http://www.gtagaming.com/vco this is the only thing i can remotely think of, its an addon for gta VC to add multiplayer, you can race, reak havok or just cruise. last i played it was 2 or 3 years ago, but its gotten alot of improvements since then.

I play LOTRO, and while it has those elements, I end up making stuff for people most of the time... I enjoy the crafting aspect.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Aion is kinda fun. There is a bit of grinding involved between levels right now but it's not bad if you're a dps class or happen to play a chanter. Everyone on it so far seems really nice, the graphics are great, storyline is cool, the creatures and other races look pretty sweet, etc. I like it, but I'm playing a templar (tank) so I'm playing the worst class to level. If you do get Aion by any chance lemme know and I'll tell you what server I"m on.

EDIT: By the way, the quests aren't all "kill this blah blah blah," there's a lot of quests that involve talking to people (which are a little annoying unless you like learning lore), blowing up wagons, finding items such as treasure maps (not killing mobs for but searching a place to find it).

I've resisted posting til now, but you could always try second life.

Now you know why I resisted posting.

I tried Second Life a year or two ago, wasn't that impressed.

I did find this though, maybe I'll give it a try and see what it's like.

http://project-torque.aeriagames.com/

WoW is a helluva drug people, first you get addicted, then you burn out on it and nothing ever "does it for you" anymore. lol

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

There's always Eve. Definitely extremely expansive, and enough stuff to not get bored in a long, loong time. ..as long as you don't get bored in the first month...if you can make it past the initial learning...cliff..or two...it's an amazing game, really. But it will eat your life if you let it.