Thread: AC and GTA: similar development?

Default AC and GTA: similar development?

I recently watched yet another video about Assassin's Creed II, and the only thing I was thinking about was when I can get my hands on it. Similarly, I did this with Grand Theft Auto IV. I think that AC and GTA undergo a similar development scheme. Grand theft auto: San Andreas was marvelous, but it just didn't show off the hardware of its time. When GTAIV came around, it was top notch, and fully took advantage of the market's prominent hardware that would be available for consumers.

With Assassin's Creed, I'm finding the development to be the same. ACI was marvelous, but really didn't take full advatage of the hardware nor programming methods such as AI scripting. ACII seems to be using full deferred rendering and scripting seems to be the best of this year which would lead be to say its also gonna be the Best game of the year.

Grand Theft Auto and Assassin's Creed have both made vast improvesments to both of their games and I like how both of their development is going.
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

Default Re: AC and GTA: similar development?

I too am anxiously awaiting AC2. I recently reinstalled AC1 and am now playing through it again, ignoring all the side quests until after the main story is complete.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...