Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Project : Redemption

Default Re: Project : Redemption

Another mini-update

Painted the back IO Panel black and mounted it to the perspex, also using the same glue / screw method I've attached my rear fan.

Now you remember the PSU cabling I did, ever wonder where it went?

To a plug of course.

Now I hate cables, (not that you'd be able to tell by looking at the room I'm in at the moment) and there's nothing worse than a rogue cable spoiling the look of a mod.

Say "Hello rogue cable"

Say "Goodbye rogue cable "

I also have a sneak peek of my new entertainment centre

Isn't she great
    Craigr1982
    ----------
    Redemption HTPC Scratchbuild- Zotac 9300 ITX, Intel Q9450, 4Gb G.Skill 6400, LG Bluray Drive, OCZ ModXstream 400W, 2x 1Tb Samsung, Windows 7 Home. 32" Toshiba LCD TV.

So not too much left to do. Another box in the making first though. Any clues what it's for?

Cardboard template

Good job I have some spare Perspex left over.

Cut, but needing some filing down.

Too cold outside to do that tho, my hands were numb..Not a good idea while using a dremel.

Back in the house now to defrost.
    Craigr1982
    ----------
    Redemption HTPC Scratchbuild- Zotac 9300 ITX, Intel Q9450, 4Gb G.Skill 6400, LG Bluray Drive, OCZ ModXstream 400W, 2x 1Tb Samsung, Windows 7 Home. 32" Toshiba LCD TV.

It's a shroud to hide some of the cabling so it doesn't look like spaghetti junction inside.

Right ho, who remembers my BSG logo that was laser cut all those posts ago?
    *silence*
    I see, glad you've been paying attention. Anyway, today's task is to get it finished.

First up a printed logo. I printed it on some label paper and then on a self adhesive transparency and joined together. Transparency on top of course..

Here's where its going, can you spot my trusty weapon of choice...

Some time later.

Man that's enough hard work for today, time for a rest
    Craigr1982
    ----------

Just a short update to show I haven't forgotten about this. Been busy over the last few weeks with work and what-not but I'm doing twiddly bits while I can and I'll give you an update later this week.
    Craigr1982
    ----------

MEGA UPDATE TIME!!!

As I said earlier I've been doing twiddly bits and now here's what I've been doing.

"Say hello to my little friend"

Yes I binned my small knife in favour of this very sharp blood letter. however it did me proud as you can see.

I've also been setting up my Logitech Harmony 555 Remote with all kinds of cool things.

It's programmed to turn on Redemption, my Hifi and my TV which means I'm down from 3 controllers to just one. Brilliant!

I've also been double checking and triple checking my "free" (keyboard and mouse set). Free because a place I worked at was throwing it out, seems to work perfectly however the mouse's battery is a little poor.

However this does mean I can surf the net from my chair as the mouse doesn't need a surface to work on..although it does mean I have to wave my arm like a lunatic to surf certain pages.

Next post is going to be the end...*sniff*

Yes that's right, it's all done and I've got the flat camera batteries to prove it. Roll on the next post!
    Craigr1982
    ----------

COMPLETED!!

So it's all done. Lets have a tour shall we. All these images are direct from the camera, no editing (although maybe I should have). These are also clickable for a bigger image and because there are so many I've spread them across 2 posts.

Craigr1982
    ----------

And now for some Lights

The lights are controlled by my Logitech Harmony so when I press play the lights go out, pressing pause or stop brings them back on. Means their not distracting while I'm watching something on the TV

System Specs -
    Zotac 9300 Motherboard
    Intel Q9450
    4Gb G.Skill RAM (6400)
    2x 1Tb Samsung Spinpoints
    LG Blu-ray / HD-DVD Drive
    Windows 7 Home
    32" Toshiba Regza TV
    Craigr1982
    ----------

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Heheh, very nice. I love the new front.

I have one of those Gyration sets too; I love it, and I imagine that it'll be great with an HTPC.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

cheers mate
    Craigr1982
    ----------