Thread: Win 7 + Multiple Monitors.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Win 7 + Multiple Monitors.

Alright.

One of the things I loved about XP was running UltraMon and having two different wallpapers as well as two different taskbars.

Does such a thing exist for 7? If not two taskbars, I at least want a different wallpaper on each screen. Or does 7 support this and I'm just not seeing it?

Thanks,
    Omega.

p.s. If you guys think this would be more appropriate in the OS subforum, I'll move it there. But I figured since it's video related, it would be fine here.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

Default Re: Win 7 + Multiple Monitors.

Ultramon has a beta version that works on 7.
    http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/download.asp

I think it's only 32 bit though, so I dunno. Sadly I'm stick with Vista for a bit, but I'm not using the the beta. I'm using the x64 version.

-CollinstheClown

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

DisplayFusion is a great free one that should work just fine with 7. Last time I used it, it was just wallpaper and window manipulation stuff though; no taskbars.

Overclocked

also the snap to side feature sucks when you use 2 moniters.. try it you see... its small things like that.. That make you think windows 7 was build for 1 moniter for home users

Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    also the snap to side feature sucks when you use 2 moniters.. try it you see... its small things like that.. That make you think windows 7 was build for 1 moniter for home users
    i hate windows snapping in the first place so i don't use that feature

thanks for the suggestions though, guys

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs

I use the free version of display fusion on Windows 7, works pretty well. Pro ads some features but I only wanted the wallpaper things.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    Well being realistic, the vast majority of people do only use a single screen

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Quote Originally Posted by slaveofconvention View Post
    Well being realistic, the vast majority of people do only use a single screen
    This. I've only ever seen three or four people running dual displays on their home/personal computers (and I feel like a pioneer -- I did it long before they did They all saw my rig at LAN parties and got jealous...), and I've only ever seen one company that used multiple displays... and they were a medical helicopter dispatching center for the whole west coast, and they ran four screens simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    i hate windows snapping in the first place so i don't use that feature

thanks for the suggestions though, guys
    What, windows snapping is so nice, especially with a wide screen monitor, it makes doing 2 up super easy, just fling one window to one side, and then the other to the other.

I can't really test dual monitors ATM as my second monitor does not support DHCP and for some reason causes the system to crash if I plug it in (video driver issue I think)
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol