Thread: Crack an Imac

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

Default Crack an Imac

I have been given a Fully functional Imac with a core two dou, and one gig of ram, however the previous owner did not give me the admin password, can anyone help me get rid of the password and or creat new accounts?

Will
    Will

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Crack an Imac

1) Buy OS X. I believe this is just the upgrade disc which is why it's so cheap, but it should work I think?

http://www.amazon.com/Mac-version-10...7236508&sr=8-1

2) Ask your seller if they have the restore discs laying around somewhere.

3) Create a restore disc? I'm not sure if you can do that, but it's probably worth looking into. If you know someone who has a Mac, you can probably get them to create one for you?

4) If there is an Apple store near you, explain the situation and have a letter of consent/sales or something from your seller and maybe they'll fix it for you. Good chance they will with the letter of consent/sales I'd imagine.

5) Ask them for the user information.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

If you dont mind losing the old admin user: http://theappleblog.com/2008/06/22/r...ut-an-os-x-cd/

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

This method would let you reset the password for any account on the system:
    http://www.securemac.com/macosxsingleuser.php

EDIT:
    The article is actually detailing the method for exploiting the method, but it has instructions for using it too.

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

thanks for your help so far guys, turns out my sister has a mac osx disk, however the disk drive seems to be broken. do still trying the ways you guys have shown me

Will

EDIT: I was able to create a new admin account thank you your help, now i have to work on the disk drive problem.

Will
    Will