Thread: Review: TRENDnet TEW-639GR 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router.

Default Review: TRENDnet TEW-639GR 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router.

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=425]Review: TRENDnet TEW-639GR 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router. [/drupal]

When you buy a router, what do you want? An easy to understand web setup? Fast connections anywhere in your wireless area, with strong signal and no dead spots? Do you want the latest encryption options that can be modified at your discretion? Everyone wants all of those, but can the TRENDnet 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router do it all? Read this review to find out.
    Last edited by Oneslowz28; 11-05-2009 at 08:06 AM.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Review: TRENDnet TEW-639GR 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router.

Good review; it's good to see reviews of the cheaper/less well known routers. I've been holding back on tossing $100+ on a Linksys/etc.

In case anyone else was confused by the "virtual server" feature, I checked on Trendnet's site, and apparently that's what they call port-forwarding..

One thing to keep in mind with wireless routers is that they will never meet the advertised speed. Just like g will never hit 54Mbps, n (draft 2) will never hit 300Mbps. This is because the advertised speed is the raw data rate, whereas the experienced data rate depends on the base protocols, encryption, upper-level protocols, applications, etc.

Thanks for the comment x88x!
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Sure, I've got a 600Mbps router, and the only way to get it is all matching adapters in the same room with the dog in the backyard and tinfoil on the antennas. Yup, deal with it every day.

Good deal-especially for 60 bucks.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08