Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 !!!UPDATE!!! 26 April 2010

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: Project: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Just a small update tonight.

I have been weighing my options on how I can airbrush this paint job for a few weeks now. I could do like this guy did or I can use stencils. I finally decided on the latter about a week ago. So I sat down and took a good long look at the ARPAT pattern. It seems to be 3 layers with the lightest on the bottom and the darkest on top. The pattern itself is just blobs with pixilated edges. The edges seem to be what I will call full pixels and half pixels.

I sat down and did a few sketches on graphing paper to get a feel for creating the designs and then took it to photoshop and using my wacom tablet and a ¼” grid in photoshop I drew some patterns. What I plan to do is to trace these onto clear acetate overhead projector sheets and then cut them out using an Exato knife. Then I will paint the whole case a light gray followed by a lighter gray spraying from the patterns, then I will spray a second layer of darker patterns followed by a third layer of even darker patterns. Then I will coat the whole thing in a few layers of mat finish clearcoat. Ok let’s move on to the pics.

ARPAT (ARmy PATtern)

The first sketch I did. Notice the coffee stain.

The second sketch I did. The graphing grid is ¼”.

Click for larger image
    This is the first digital sketch I did. Each pixel is 1/4".

Click for larger image
    Part 2

Click for larger imageFor the first half I used a 1/4" grid created from guides.

Click for larger image
    For the second half I used the normal photoshop grid set to 1". To draw the lines I used the pen tool to mark my pattern then right clicked and clicked "stroke pattern. I had the brush set to 1px with 100% hardness.

I will make the pattern files available in a 2 printable tiff files. They are sized to 8.5”x11” @300dpi.
    Last edited by Oneslowz28; 12-11-2009 at 06:55 AM.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

lookin nice, I cant wait to see it painted!

I saw some peel and stick camo pattern transparencies a while back. Same ones used by the military. Interested? I could find them again.

Meanwhile:

http://tacticalcamo.com/Paint-Stencils.html

Specifically:
    http://tacticalcamo.com/articles/How...tal-style.html
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Thanks for the link terry. I think I saw there site when I first started thinking about this mod.

Update Monday or Tuesday

Can anyone verify whether a water loop can cool below ambient temps?
    Luke-

From what I understand, you should not cool your loop below ambient temps (although it has been done with peltiers and such) because any drop below room temperature will cause condensation to form on the hoses, blocks, and any other equipment exposed to room air. I would ask Spawn-Inc though to verify.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Luke-

From what I understand, you should not cool your loop below ambient temps (although it has been done with peltiers and such) because any drop below room temperature will cause condensation to form on the hoses, blocks, and any other equipment exposed to room air. I would ask Spawn-Inc though to verify.
    Thanks Jon, I knew about the implications of it, I was just curious if pumps+fans+rads= lower than ambient. I dont think it's possible though.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Thanks Jon, I knew about the implications of it, I was just curious if pumps+fans+rads= lower than ambient. I dont think it's possible though.
    It's definitely possible. I have a friend who got one of the early Core 2 Duo's and got it down to 17C with, I think it was a Scythe Kama HS/F. At the time he did it, I think room temperature was probably around 20-25C. Granted, he underclocked the chip a bit just to see what temps he could get, but still; below room temperature on air!

Ohhh I see. Well if that is the case, I don't think it is possible. My physics is a bit rusty but I don't think you can actually lower the heat of an object by convection with comparatively warmer air. Not sure about this, but it doesn't sound logical, maybe the core 2 in the above story had some mismatched thermometers or something.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Hmm, assuming Wikipedia isn't lying to me about wind chill, you appear to be correct. I wasn't actually there when he achieved those temps, so idk, it's possible he was pulling air in from outside (where it was much cooler).