Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: PC-Beto

Default Re: PC-Beto

thanks man! i really hope to go all in on this one. no matter how much i love DnA, there is tonnes of things i think i could have done better. in this one i just want the feeling that it was done perfect! thats also why i put an insane amount of hours into thoose cads xD
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

"Lemme Sho' Ya' Sumtin!!!" - FMB

Haha. Dude, DnA was perfect imo!
    Project: Archangel Complete
    Project: Patron W.I.P
    Phenom II X3 710 2.6ghz, MSI 785GTM-E45, 2x2gb Kingston 800mhz, Hitachi 320gb HDD, OCZ StealthXStream 400w

thanks buuuuut... you can always do better IMO!
    just spend 11 dremel disks getting the front of the steel frame cut out -.- i really need thoose quick disk thingies for the dremel

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

NEWSFLASH!
    Proud to say, that www.CoolBits.dk is now sponsoring products to the mod! so next week i should be getting something to test fit in the case!

some of the parts:
    more will come, when i get my act together and decide what hardware to use

2 x AC watertemperature sensors
    1 x HWLabs Black Ice GTX 420
    1 x Laing DDC-1T Plus
    1 x EK-DDC X-TOP rev.2 Acetal
    5 x Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentFan XK1 (140mm, 11dBa)

i am still struggling with the thought about going dual loop, and throw a HWLabs gtx 280 in the bottom.

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

triple post

just to prove that this aint an imaginary project, here is some minor progress lol!
    a test plate. the blue acrylic will be green of course, and the foil will have much more pattern in the final version

watercooling gear and mobo tray cut out next weekend

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

QUAD POST! you are awfully silent inhere guess you want progress as you will

UPDATE!
    First of all, thanks to Noiseblocker for sending me some fans to work with! More details and pictures about these fans can be found later on www.itrends.dk

I had to cut a lot of the case away, to make room for the massive HWLabs 420 mm radiator

This was the piece in the front that was cut off

I left a little ”hinge” for the radiator to support to, so the acrylic plate in front wasn’t carrying the whole thing alone.

This is the case in its VERY naked state. The little piece between the two sides on the front is going to be cut away too, since it’s visible through the front

And then there is this little piece, and again the piece described above

Rivets mutilated!

And then I went Mohawk with my dremel to Guns & roses on the mp3!

The cutout

I made a cut with a wide of 15.5 cm, since the radiator was written to be 15.3 on HWLabs hp. I discovered that it was in fact 15.4, so it was a tight fit!

The support for the motherboard tray was also removed, since it needed to be cut down to size.

Note all the dust and dirt… that’s where it sat lol

And here is the radiator passing through the middle plate again. I put two temperature sensors on the radiator, but these will most likely be moved to other places duo the fact that the radiator will be hot most of the time, and readings will then be flawed.

As planned is only two 5.25” bays available, and these are already cut down to size.

I got the first test plate cut out to see if everything was according to plan, and every single measurement was SPOT ON! The results of many hours of work with the ruler please note that this plate is ONLY for testing purpose. The finished plate will be cut in Green acrylic, and the foil will have more patterns, as you see in the drawings in update 1.

You can here see where I did the mounting of the front panel. These bolts will be cut down to size, and foil will be over the holes so you won’t be able to see this on the finished plate.

You can see on this pic, that the metal behind have not been cut yet.

And on these two you can see how the mounting will be done.

I changed the layout of the components a little bit, so that the psu stands vertically, with the pump/reservoir by its side. This makes the brackets I made for the 140 mm fans useless. But hey, at least they looked cool xD

This puny corsair psu will suffer the space for this one that will be in my mailbox today if everything goes well!

I am going to route the cables on a way that I don’t recall ever seeing on any modding forum, so this is what I am putting most of my time on at the moment! So stay tuned for that in future updates!

I also got a package from www.noiseblocker.de that was kind enough to send some of the ULTRA hot fans for this project! More pics of these will come later on! You guys should really check their site and products out.

As you can see of the picture of the giant radiator, I already got most of the water cooling gear from www.coolbits.dk ! Huge thanks for the support is appropriate.

The pump choice fell on a Laing ddc 3.2 18W pump.

Seconds later

And internals (flipped upside down)

Shortly after, the stock top was replaced with the EK V.2 top, along with a koolance male-male fitting, that allows me to put something on the pump :O what could that be :/
    This will later on be changed for a black bitspower version!

So what could I place above that pump? How about one of the Jon Lund reservoirs!

The black color is IMO spot on, and with the XFX green psu fan behind it, this will look DOPE!

Normally a Lund reservoir comes with a G3/8 inlet hole in the top, but he offered to make a custom reservoir for this mod, which needed to be a bit shorter, and have a longer inlet tube, so that the flow won’t go Mohawk in the res.

That’s all for this time fokes! Stay tuned for more but until then, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

looking good! I like the res mounted in the front. gonna be nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I love the pump/res combo. Looks freakin awesome.

On a different note, you really need to take a powerwasher or something to that case

Nice progress. I like how this is starting and with your attention to detail it HAS to be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    looking good! I like the res mounted in the front. gonna be nice
    thanks, but dont you mean the raddy?

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    I love the pump/res combo. Looks freakin awesome.

On a different note, you really need to take a powerwasher or something to that case
    haha thx m8! but the case is going trough powdercoating when everything is prepared

Quote Originally Posted by msmrx57 View Post
    Nice progress. I like how this is starting and with your attention to detail it HAS to be good.
    thanks man i am going to put a lot of work into it, so i hope its going to AWSOME

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]