Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: World of warcraft ideas

Default World of warcraft ideas

Any creative minds in here who could come up with an idea for a casemod about World of warcraft?

Default Re: World of warcraft ideas

I have been inspired by this wallpaper i found on Blizzard's website and i've come up with some ideas.

This is a very poorly drawn sketch of the mod i've planned so far

The idea is to get the entire case to look like the yellowish stone like on the portal on the wallpaper (problem 1)
    I plan that the logo on the side whould be a window cut out like the logo. Insert a clear plexi window and print out the logo on these clear plastic papers so if i insert normal white light inside the case it would light up on the outside in the colors as seen on the logo..

The problem is how i should make the case look like stone.. I have seen a few mods around where they use some kind of molding cement or what ever it is. Painting it isnt the problem but im in a loss on how to make the actual stone looking feature..

In the end i could plan on making one of the statues and put it on the front like they stand on the wallpaper. Offcourse with 2 red LED's as eyes

I hope to get started soon but need some input i think..

ATX Mental Case

I'm a wow fan myself and am interested with what you come up with. As far as the stone look... i saw a while back when i went to my local hobby store, that they had a spraycan that made things look like concrete. texture and all. i'm not sure on the durability of the paint but i think it's exactly what you are looking for. I did a quick sketch of my opinion on how i believe the case would look...

"Good luck on your case mod!!!"

"What the deuce?"..Stewy Griffon

Rankenphile

Neat plan.

For the stone look, you can basically slather the structure in bondo or another rigid surface filler, and then sculpt the final shape using a dremel and sandpaper. You can actually paint the base coat with the "flecked" sandstone spraypaint, but I would recommend aging the final piece after the base coat of sandstone by drybrishing and ink washing the surface. If you need more description, let me know. I've done a lot of stone work before, on a much smaller scale.

I'll be interested to see how you imlement this mod. It's a great idea, but one that has a lot of details that would have to be focused on, as it is a very recognizeable symbol - everyone who plays WoW (only about 5.5 million of us, so far, lol) would recognize it right off the bat, which means they would also recognize any imperfections, too.

Not to worry, though. It's a great idea, and I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Thanks for the input.

I must say its a very nice sketch you have made Rich. Though i think im sticking with the stone only look to begin with. Scuplting the statues and the snake is a bit out of my hand. i got skills with a paintbrush but not with clay
    Also if i where to put a statue on i was thinking about putting only 1 in standing in front of the case to make it more equal on all sides..

Rank. im gonna try the local handyman shop to see if they got anything special i can use..

But first i need an old case or something to put my HW in temporarily.

Btw.. IF anyone from denmark is reading this and have sculpting skills im interested

ATX Mental Case

Well regardless of what you do, i'm verry excited and intreagued with your project. Go for the gold...

Rankenphile

lol, this has to be the fastest set of replies I've ever seen on this board.

Make sure you post your worklog as you get started on this mod. I'm curious to see how you do it.

And don't write off the statues and the snake - you maty be able to find a set of action figures, if nothing else, that could fit the bill just fine. Work on the base first, and keep your eyes open for other solutions.

good luck, and have fun!

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by Rankenphile
    lol, this has to be the fastest set of replies I've ever seen on this board.
    That's WoW. It's so hot right now... WoW.
    ...'Mugatu' (revised)

hehe yeah this is kinda fast replies for this forum.. Sadly..

All hardcore modders should be in here more.. since TBCS is the gods of modding

Btw. Dont stay up late for a worklog any time soon. Its still winter here and my workshop is also the garage wich has a temperature below zero..

NOT a good working temperature