Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: World of warcraft ideas

Rankenphile

Default Re: World of warcraft ideas

Lol, I know the feeling. I was trying to solder part of a mod right before christmas, and it was about 20 degrees F in the workshop. My hands were shaking so bad I couldn't get a good bead going at all.

Take your time, bro. I'm sure you'll have good stuff to show us once it warms a bit, and this will give you more time to plan and collect the bits you'll need for the mod.

Fresh Paint

This is probably the best WoW idea ive heard/read... WoW has been my game of choice as of late and I would love to see what you get going....Too cold to work? Just spend your time planning and getting all the stuff together.. Im not pro modder but I would guess planning out your work might help to keep you going in a straight line.. Ive noticed in the past that if i plan out a schedule then I tend to strat running into those "mid work 'Ah Ha!'s' or should I say ideas that dont come to you until you are already midway through a project...

Fresh Paint

Richmandudeus

I love your design, been doing some drawing of my own as I love this idea and I'm a big fan of WoW. Anyway, sitting here at work and pondering a few ideas of my own.

So what if we took your pic one step futher, the idea: the side of the case becomes the front of the case with a monitor(lcd) in the side which would become the opening of the dark portal.

Rotate the cd drive, power switchs and so on to the side, which again has become the front.

Add some LED's under the faces of the statues, in the eyes of the snakes, and in place of the flames shining up on the status, or us some orange plexi and make some plexi flames etc.

Don't have a scanner so I can't scan my drawings but here is something I drew up in paint on windows.

I've since changed the over all size of it so that the angle sides would totally cover up front and back. The back would have a hinged cover, to hide the cables. Going to ponder this some more.

thoughts?

ATX Mental Case

You could have the CD/DVD drive behind the snake head, or you could have a slide loading CD/DVD drive which is moulded into the Snake head bit!

ATX Mental Case

I actually thought to take it a step further than that...
    I also had the idea of putting an lcd on the side pannel being the other side of the portal. But then i thought if the whole thing was on a swivel, one side could be the portal from the horde and the other side would be the portal from the alliance. That might be a bit overkill but it goes with the portal theme. All you would really need is a monitor switch... Projects to big but i'm getting the itch to start it up... Sigh.

"What the deuce?"..Stewy Griffon

Rankenphile

I love this idea. It looks like you hit on the basic idea of putting the USB ports below the monitor "portal", but why not take that another step further and add your PS/2 ports there, as well as a couple dials for fan controllers and a multimedia card reader? The LEDs on the front, illuminating the statues, would be perfect for color-cycling LEDs, shifting through the spectrum. And put red LEDs in the snake's eyes that blink at HDD activity. Coat the entire outside in bondo and drybrush it to give it a tough granite/sandstone look, and you'd be all set.

Man, I hope someone does this mod. Rich, you're due for a new one now that you have your cyclops mouse done - you could even repaint the mouse to be a WoW ogre, lol.

ATX Mental Case

Believe me, I would LOVE to do this mod if I had the means. Money is a constant issue and my job pays me enough to survive. Unless you guys want to start a "Pay Richmandudeus to build a WoW mod Fund":p :p :p. I just don't know how you guys make the money or find the money to do these great mods. I can keep a secret lol. More money in my pocket = more modding. Anywho... that's where i stand and as far as this mod project goes, i wish i could do it but if not me then i hope someone else does. Kudos to this post.

"What the deuce?"..Stewy Griffon

Rankenphile

Sell blood.

Rankenphile

Fresh Paint

Well I pondered this some more and I came up with this 2 other ideas.

Adding the stairway, you can do several interesting things. One idea would be to turn a keybaord into the stairway, with a modded keyboard that would fit that spot when not in use.

The other idea, it to turn the stairway into a stealth cd-rom drive area, with the bottom most stop being a stealth door behind which would be the power button, usb etc.

I wish I had the money to try do to do this mod, I've done some other non pc related stuff but nothing like this, would be fun to try.