Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: --- r e f l e X i o n ---

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: --- r e f l e X i o n ---

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    There's no excuse for how great this is looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trace View Post
    This is an amazing build. I'm almost speechless it's so beautiful.
    Thanks, guys.

Didn't get a chance to do much today. I had to take one of the GPU blocks off because, when looking at the map again, I saw I missed a few spots where some thermal pads should've gone. Can't risk anything with these cards as they cost a fortune.

But now, all blocks are assembled and ready to go. This weekend, I'll be providing more insight into the layout of the entire structure and components.

I'll be waiting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

Wow...what else can one say but simply WOW....this build is truely amazing...

I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    Wow...what else can one say but simply WOW....this build is truely amazing...
    notsure, you have the best handle I've seen yet. I loved Idiocracy. Thanks for the props.

Quote Originally Posted by Datech View Post

That's superb news, Datech. Thanks! And thanks to all who voted for me!

Let me be the first to congratulate you! Congrats!
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Projects:
    Book Of Knowledge

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by Trace View Post
    Let me be the first to congratulate you! Congrats!
    Thanks, Trace! It's quite fitting that you're the first (besides Datech, obviously,) to congratulate me since you were the first to post to my project log!

Thanks for following along and for offering your many encouraging words of support!

I'm working on a short update that I'll be posting in the next half hour.

I'm waiting for it!
    Projects:
    Book Of Knowledge

ATX Mental Case

Just a short update for tonight, guys.

I've began work on the motherboard. Just small aesthetic things for now, and then over the weekend I'll be installing all the components in the case for a brief period to have a better idea of how the wiring and tubing will look.

I've been hesitant to show any pictures of the motherboard, because the end product will look quite different than it does now. This is a fantastic motherboard. It's the Foxconn "Flaming Blade" X58. It's the most polished mainboard that I've ever owned which is why I'm keeping it for this build, even though there's a lot of red on it that I'll be changing to black to blend in better with my color scheme. I'll provide updates on how I'll be doing that later, but for now just know that all the different colors that you see on the board will be just one or two colors when everything is complete.

I began the aesthetic changes by polishing all aluminum brackets/boxes on the motherboard.

I used my dremel and polishing wheels again to do this as it makes such an easy job of polishing anything. Why do this? Because I've seen how nice metal can look when polished vs. unpolished, and because I want there to be no compromises with this build. I'm a believer in fine-tuning every last detail because I believe it puts a nice signature on an item. So while I don't plan to spend the next year or two eyeballing every little thing through an electron microscope, you will see me be very meticulous about cosmetics and taking my time when you probably want to slap me and just wish I would skip on ahead to the next stage.

Here you can visually see the difference between a polished bracket/box and an unpolished bracket/box:

The capacitors will either be painted or sanded down (perhaps both) so there's no red showing. They'll either be silver or black. The stock red northbridge/mosfet cooler will be coming off in the next day or two and be replaced with waterblocks/heatsinks that fit the color scheme of the build better.

Now for something that will probably be a little more interesting.

Here are a few nice shots of the beautiful rad grills that I received from MNPCTech. I'll be building two custom radboxes for the two Swiftech 240s that are going into refleXion, and these grills will be bolted on top of the fans and the radbox.

I've thanked Bill about 10 times for these already, but I'll thank him again. MNPCTech was the first to show faith and support in this build while a few other companies I've done business with for years wouldn't even dignify me with a response (even a "no, sorry" would've been fine.) So thanks again to MNPCTech for their faithful support. :thumb:

Thanks, guys!

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

looking good!