Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: --- r e f l e X i o n ---

Default Re: --- r e f l e X i o n ---

lol if ur gunna sit down and take sooo much time polishing cap i would suggest lappin ur cpu

lookin good
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by LiTHiUM0XiD3 View Post
    lol if ur gunna sit down and take sooo much time polishing cap i would suggest lappin ur cpu

lookin good
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO

lol... thats just scary...

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by LiTHiUM0XiD3 View Post

lookin good
    Too late to lap the CPU, I'm afraid. The CPU block would also have to be lapped, and I just had it nickel plated. So if I lap it now it will ruin the nickel finish on the base.

Painting is going so-so thus far. I have my eye on an all black eVGA board that I may go with if I can't get this Foxconn looking the way that I want it to.

Aside from painting, I've began reassembling the case with the Zero Gravity Chamber installed to see how everything looks. Luckily, everything is fitting pretty exact to the original measurements that were taken when I was constructing the chamber. Huge sigh of relief on that one.

I took several shots tonight of the assembly in action. This one turned out the best. Hope you enjoy.

Have you thought about finding screw plugs to fill the holes on the SSD's that face the windows?
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by Datech View Post
    Have you thought about finding screw plugs to fill the holes on the SSD's that face the windows?
    I'm experimenting with a few different ideas at the moment. Set screws, rubber inserts, etc.

Any ideas?

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

a tad of body filler, sand it down, tape off the top and bottom and paint it black? it'd make it look like theres not even a hole there

I would prefer rubber inserts over filling it, that way you can use that side again if need be.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

ATX Mental Case

Both good ideas, thanks. Although I've leaned towards not using body filler for the reason Datech mentioned in that it'd allow me to use those holes again if I ever needed them.

I've had difficulty finding rubber inserts that small, though.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Maybe black nylon screws with the heads chopped off? You could always drill out the center and reverse them out later if you want them out.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Xion I had a long sleep so my thoughts are as clear as can be .
    I think someone mentioned this on your bit-tech log for getting your memory and expansion slots black, a permanent black marker, it would be the safest option, it is what I would do if I wanted them black, you could even test it out on 1 of the pieces you removed where it wouldn't be seen just to see what you think, worth a try.

I think spraying a motherboard could be too risky unless you do a 100% awesome job of masking around and filling the slots so nothing gets in, I suppose you could use thin rolls of blue tack lay over the slots, I think it is doable if you really take care to cover everything except the bits that you want painting.

Oh yeah & I wouldn't worry about the mounting holes as all drives have them and they will look cool enough with them looking as if they are floating .