Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: upgrade my 3650 HD.

Default upgrade my 3650 HD.

I'm looking to upgrade my card. I have about $100.00 and just want to max out WOrld of Warcraft. Maybe some other games. My monitor is a 22" and I just want World of Warcraft and maybe other games to look sweet. My 3650 isn't cutting it anymore.
    I was looking at this(a little out of budget):http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150369
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Fresh Paint

Default Re: upgrade my 3650 HD.

that would be a worthwhile upgrade. However not that great of one. I just ordered a HD 5770 for my system to replace an old ati all in one wonder with 128 mb ddr2 so ive been out of the graphics loop for awhile. but i believe that card should suit you fine, look around a bit more, maybe go for like a 48xx series.

just an example: a xfx ati 4850 $110 not bad but idk on shipping

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/SKUSearch...iteria=3001758

I'll look around on newegg a bit.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

K9A2 platinum is the mobo I have, I forgot about the cooling pipes and I'm unsure about what's gonna fit..

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    K9A2 platinum is the mobo I have, I forgot about the cooling pipes and I'm unsure about what's gonna fit..
    Couldn't you just move the card to one of your other 4 16x slots?

A 4770 would definitely be a massive improvement over the 3650, but IMO a 5750 would be a better investment even if it is $30 more. Plus, it's shorter, so if you have to use the top 16x slot it should fit without issue.

Save the money and OC your current card...my OCed HD2900 ran WoW at 1920x1080 with maxed graphic settings just fine. It stuttered sometimes in Northrend with all the trees and such and during raids I turned the settings down a bit due to having 10-20 people going nuts. But your card is much better than mine, and it being OCed will run WoW without hiccups, I'm sure. But don't let me get in the way of you upgrading! We all need excuses...
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

I'm all for overclocking too! Why buy new when you can melt your old stuff first?

I plan on melting my existing system before upgrading anyways.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

The Radeon HD 5750 1GB is super hot, I may have to get one. Then upgrade everything else later.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...card,2464.html this article on toms hardware might help

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

I've got a 3870x2 and its mint