Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cyclops Mouse Mod

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Cyclops Mouse Mod

Quote Originally Posted by public_eyesore
    nice, looks like this will be sweet, but why is it called cyclops?
    Because it only has one eye socket and the eye will be the scroller.

"What the deuce?"..Stewy Griffon

High-tech Redneck crazybillybob's Avatar

Click on the thimbnail for bigger pic (page loads faster this way).

Is something like this what your looking for ?

The resistor value you need is about 1ohm (Brown Black)

Instead of hooking them to the molex connector like the diagram says (I made it for someone that was tieing into the molex) hook it to the same place as you would the fan.

Good Luck,
    Crazybillybob

Anodized

This mouse it gonna be great. I have a few mice and keyboards sitting around. Once I finish MetropolisRED I hope I can come up with as creative an idea as your's for a mouse. Simply super cool
    I'm not very smart!

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by Vaantal
    This mouse it gonna be great. I have a few mice and keyboards sitting around. Once I finish MetropolisRED I hope I can come up with as creative an idea as your's for a mouse. Simply super cool
    Well most of my insperation was from Paul's Alien fossil mouse mod. I wanted to make a skull for a while but since they don't make any hobby skulls the size of a mouse, i had to improvise. Thanx for the kudos.

Side note: The damn fan didn't clear by about 1/12 of an inch "doh". Now i have 2 options.
    1: chuck the fan idea and just put led's in there
    2: reposition the fan to the top of the mouse and try and put some kind of tunnel leading the air out of the mouth

I think i'll go for option 2 but it's gonna take a lot longer for me to get done. 'sigh'

ATX Mental Case

btw: thanx crazybillybob for the info on led's. that helps tons.

Here an update... well the pics say enough.

what im working with... (except the mesh is finished already)

My bondo aplicator 5000 (melted and flattened Qtip:p)

It's comming alive with flesh... ruuuuuun (good ol bondo)

A few pics of shaping it up

damn i forgot to take pics of the 'after sanding' it, oh well here it is primered for now. I might still work on shaping it and cleaning it up so this probably won't be the first time it is primered. (sorry if it's blurry)

Still got quite a bit to do but i'm just taking my sweet ass time on it. I also still have that fan problem i mentioned earlier so i have to figure that out as well.

Thanx for dropping by.

Fresh Paint

I know this is not the place to be spending alot of time talking about LED's but aafter seeing your diagram above I was a little confused... I understand what a curcuit is and how it works.. (although I do not claim to be fluent with electrical jabber i know very little about transistor, resistors and blah blah blah..) My question is why is the resistor AFTER the LEDS in the curcuit? Maybe someone can start a thread, or maybe there is one, or maybe someone jsut has a link for LED curcuits for dummies... Thanks guys..

But I guess I should add that this mouse is gonna look awesome.. Maybe I should make one to keep my little cousin off my dang computer.. if he is scared of the mouse, maybe he will stay away..

Rankenphile

resistor goes before the LEDs, and the LEDs only work one way, so get a "breadboard", or testing circuit, to make sure that you get it right before you start soldering.

If memory serves, the longer leg on the LED goes first, on most LEDs.

High-tech Redneck crazybillybob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fobnicat
    My question is why is the resistor AFTER the LEDS in the curcuit?
    I've had this asked before. Here's the Short answer. In the Drawing I posted The Resistor is on the GND - Side of the LED. While it would still work on the + 5V side, that's not the proper placement. See Contraty to how we think, the Current in a Curcuit flows from GND - to + not + to -.....(basicly the first guy that made the rules about electron flow got it backwards....and we still use those symbols and such today).

As for the thread on Basic LED curcuits......I'll add that to the List of tutorials that I need to write and get up for everyone....(I've got a couple more for here and another site to do yet!)

Crazybillybob

Fresh Paint

Ok, im greatly confused. Haha. But I trust your word. I'll just keep an eye out for your tutorial. Thanks again guys..

ATX Mental Case

Should i expect my cyclops to burn? I to am confused... I had found this a while browsing the forums. I don't know what to think anymore lol. I can't even figure out the 4 chords in the mouse that hook up to the usb cause it's not like all other mice. And that's where i wanna get the power from. Oh well i'll figure it out somehow with the help of my TBCS buddies.