Thread: Pysko Audio 5.1 Gaming Headset

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

Default Pysko Audio 5.1 Gaming Headset

Today Im reviewing Pysko Audios 5.1 Gaming Headset

I purchased them right from their website http://www.pyskoaudio.com
    I bought this pair on Friday and it was here Monday. Psyko Audio has broken ground on something that has never been done before, true 5.1 surround sound in a headset. Most 5.1 headsets just have sound bombard your ears from the same speakers where as these actually have five speakers in the headband and a sub woofer in each ear muff.

it is compatible with 5.1 onboard, add-on or usb but works better with a 5.1 sound card.

the box itself has alot of information on it

It was securely packed inside, unfortunately I did not grab a picture of this.
    However here is a picture off the site of what comes in the box

Here it is outside of the box with the manuel

It comes with a add on boom mic

And something really neat about these Is the fact that they can either be a open or closed headset, so if your in a game session and somebody wants to talk to you, you can just pop open the hatch and not have to take them off.

They are not too bad looking but I wouldn't go outside with them on.

Then there is the amp that comes with them.

It has the volume and bass knobs

Now that Im out of photos I will get to what I thought of them.

After testing them on Battlefield Bad Company 2 I found that they delivered a sound quality of that I had never heard before, however they weigh a pound and having that much extra weight on your head is uncomfortable after a while.

Looks - 5/5
    Performance - 5/5
    Installation - 5/5
    Price - 4/5

For the USD $299.99 price tag.

Overall I give it a 4 out of 5
    Will

Default Re: Pysko Audio 5.1 Gaming Headset

nice review. glad the price was worth it for you. I however, dont think I could justify spending more than 100 bucks on a headset. lol (course I am broke as a joke!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Quote Originally Posted by 985323 View Post
    Today Im reviewing Pysko Audios 5.1 Gaming Headset

I purchased them right from their website http://www.pyskoaudio.com
    I bought this pair on Friday and it was here Monday. Psyko Audio has broken ground on something that has never been done before, true 5.1 surround sound in a headset. Most 5.1 headsets just have sound bombard your ears from the same speakers where as these actually have five speakers in the headband and a sub woofer in each ear muff.
    Good write up, but I take exception to the bold statement. I have a pair of Turtle Beach 5.1 headphones that have separate speakers in the headphones including sub woofers. They are placed in different areas of the ear cup and reproduce the 5.1 sound really good. They are also only $99. I also like the quick connect on the Turtle Beach model.

How is the build quality? Is it worth the $300? Have you compared them to any other head sets or non headphone 5.1?
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Hey Guys,
    Just a little more info to touch upon this:
    Good write up, but I take exception to the bold statement. I have a pair of Turtle Beach 5.1 headphones that have separate speakers in the headphones including sub woofers. They are placed in different areas of the ear cup and reproduce the 5.1 sound really good. They are also only $99. I also like the quick connect on the Turtle Beach model.
    What Pskyo is doing is different than anything else out there since we use 5 separate speaker channels paired with psykoacoustics. The Psyko 5.1 headset takes into account the direction, intensity, and position of the sound as it hits your ear. By having the sound hitting your ear like it would in the natural world, this is what provides the directionality.
    If anyone is interested in the technology, make sure you read up on Psyko Audio Technology and this will give you a better idea of how everything works.

Thanks for the review! Let me know if anyone has any questions.