Thread: SIZE MATTERS: Radiators for 140mm Fans - Big Roundup

Fresh Paint

Default SIZE MATTERS: Radiators for 140mm Fans - Big Roundup

(translated by Google, so beware of some errors )

Hello friends of the wet element,

in fact, one could advance already come to the following conclusion: The size is still important!
    Now, however, the technique is essential, otherwise all the radiators of this test would be on a level of performance.
    But first things first: As the reader has already been easily noticed, is what this review to the new
    Power superclass of the heat exchanger, namely internally for sheeting radiators, for the increasingly popular 140mm fan! This fact is in a relatively quieter background noise while maintaining good cooling performance as the previously
    so popular for 120mm fan radiators founded. As a rough rule of thumb one can say: A rad fitted with 3 x 140mm radiator fans of the new generation is about the power of a Quadradiator, which is designed for 4 x 120mm fans. Since many case manufacturers have already for some time for 140mm fan designed models in the portfolio,
    It was only a matter of time, until you can buy suitable heat exchanger for this increase in performance.
    As the demands and desires of the users are very diverse, I have decided to not only one size in
    take my test box, but take into account almost all available Radiators for the big fan of!

Speaking test field, the ranks of the radiator to be tested are joined by the following models:

Hardware Labs Black Ice SR1 280

Technical details:

Dimensions: 315 x 54 x 153 mm (WxHxD)
    Material: Copper, brass
    Color: Black
    Weight: 1.09 kilograms
    Connections: 2x G1 / 4 inches
    Fan Compatibility: 2x 140 mm
    Fan Mounting: M4 threaded (both ends)
    Price: about EUR 105

HW Labs Black Ice SR1 420

Technical details:

Dimensions: 459 x 54 x 153 mm (WxHxD)
    Weight: 1.5 kilograms
    Fan Compatibility: 3x 140 mm
    Price: about EUR 135

HW Labs Black Ice SR1 560

Technical details:

Dimensions: 604 x 54 x 153 mm (WxHxD)
    Weight: 1.94 kilograms
    Fan Compatibility: 4x 140 mm
    Price: about EUR 180

The company's hardware labs for many years successfully established and offers a wide selection of high quality radiators
    in many sizes and variations. One feature distinguishes this from all the models: The workmanship is first class!
    The new SR1 Radis are, fortunately for both 120mm and 140mm fan available from single-to Quadradiator.
    So far, Black Ice Radiators have been due to their dense fin density rather rapidly rotating fan beyond 800 rpm. optimized and were able to heat from other manufacturers in Europe, especially in the popular low revs hard to argue in comparative tests. This event can now be safely placed with the SR1 series on the file, because with this new radiator series hardware labs now promising products brought to market, which were also optimized, especially for less air flow! A peculiarity is the different distance from the fan blades: On the side without
    The two threaded connection is down this much larger, which represents a kind of shroud, ie the dead center under the
    Fan hub is significantly reduced, which leads to better overall performance! Of course I have the fans on both sides
    assembled to determine the differences. On the page with "Shroud" stood a better fan speed according to the Delta-T
    Value of max. 0.7-up! In my results tables, I have both the best value, ie, with assembly on the "Shroudside" is used.
    Like the 480s SR1 Radi, can convince even the models for 140mm. The performance is very good and are processed by the
    there is currently nothing better on the radiator market.
    The SR-1 series white at first glance like: the matte black finish is flawless, all threads have been immaculately produced, and the fins have turned out very coarse meshed, so as mentioned below is ideal for slow-spinning fans and accordingly noise! For this test, I was kindly of SR1 560 and SR1 280 of the company www.caseking.de sent. The SR1 420 Model I got from www.ac-shop.de provided.
    My thanks goes also to Mr. Wilbert Yuque from hardware labs.

Thermochill PA 140.3 Triple Radiator

Specifications:

- Color: matte black
    - G 3 / 8 "connectors
    - Tank: brass; fins: copper
    - Weight: about 1.82 kilograms
    - Dimensions (LxWxH): 480 x 142 x 62mm
    - Price: about EUR 110

Almost as a living legend, one could describe the radiators in the UK-based company Thermo Chill.
    In the past, many test victories worldwide have been retracted, but there were also some points for improvement.
    The finish was sometimes left to be desired at times and some users reported by impurities in the interior, which
    during flushing of new Rads came to light. Other features of the thermal radiators Churchill are the two connecting thread,
    which runs in more exotic G 3 / 8 "thread adapter, and can therefore be in most cases a necessity.
    Furthermore, the so-called hole size for the fan was slightly larger than that of heat exchangers of the competitors, so that one normal
    Not able to use radiator panels for the Case integration and was dependent on specific panels.
    The finish is with my pattern out to be much better than it used to in the TC Rads was the case and offers
    no reason for complaint.
    At the held in the English language leaflets to rinse with warm water before first use is recommended to
    to liberate the Rad of any production residues. It was struck directly at the first flush or almost clear water
    from 140.3 to appear, even at this point was thus improved compared to older models of anything!
    The 420s Rad from the house can convince Thermo Chill completely in this test of the performance and can be the first place in
    This radiator size to win for themselves! The only downer at the moment poor availability in Germany was
    mentioned but in neighboring countries, fortunately, these models during www.highflow.nl and www.it-service.be available!

Magicool Slim Dual 280 MC

Specifications:

Material: Copper, brass auricles
    Dimensions: (L x W x H): 323x142x29mm
    Connections: G1 / 4 "
    Weight: about 646g
    Mountability: from both sides for fan or as a holder
    Airtight: 8 bar
    Connection: 2x thread G 1 / 4 inch
    Fan connecting thread: M3
    Price: about EUR 42

Magicool Slim Triple 420 MC

Specifications:

Dimensions: (L x W x H): 465x142x29mm
    Weight: about 860g
    Mountability: from both sides for fan or as a holder
    Fan connecting thread: M3
    Price: about EUR 58

The Magicool radiators out of the house are known for their good performance at a relatively low price. Here and there
    may miss a thread not be ok, but this one takes as preisleistungsbewusster buyers like to purchase. Also in
    This test can convince the models of Magicool. From the performance for many applications and has sufficient
    3 sizes available. Due to the low mounting depth can the Radis platsparend and unobtrusively in many housing
    . integrate On the housing market have been some housing available in the Model 280s without the modifications
    to assemble, more will surely follow soon.

TFC Monsta Lite 420/360 Radiator

From TFC - The Feser Company reached me the prototype of a Monsta Lite radiator.
    Prototype because of possible changes to the final retail version, which is positive for
    can affect the performance! The radiator should be out in spring of 2010 with a retail price of approximately EUR 150
    in the trade as already come and get the big brother with a comprehensive package accordingly.
    Thanks to a clever craftmanship there can be mounted both 120mm and 140mm fan, this option so far is unique
    on the radiator market! Furthermore, the usual 2 G 1 / 4" threaded 2 additional threads on the front
    the TFC Monsta Lite available, which one at about 10 liters of increased flow and a greater variety
    The tubing of the heat exchanger brings with it!
    Even though the "little monster" of the performance is not quite the best in this test field radiators
    could catch up, so the whole concept could convince yet and is already as large Monsta
    Radiator will find its fans worldwide!

you can extract the technical data from this PDF File:

http://www.tfc-xchanger.com/pdf/TFC-X420L.pdf

Last but not least, and virtually not competing, I have one as a comparison Dualradiator included in the test with

Specifications:
    Dimensions: (L x W x H): 273x121x30mm
    Weight: about 680g
    Mountability: 8x M3 threaded top (for 2x 120mm fan), 8x M3 threaded bottom (for 2x120mm fan)
    Hole distance: 6 cm
    Price: about EUR 29

Testsystem / Process:

Case: Banchetto 101 Bench Table
    Board: Gigabyte GA-EX58-Extreme
    CPU: Intel Core i7-920 @4.2Ghz - 1,40V (Bios Setting) - Bios: F4
    RAM: Patriot Viper DIMM Kit 6GB PC3-12800U CL8-8-8-24
    Gfx card: EVGA GTX 295 (not included for this comparison!)
    Netzteil / PSU: Xilence SPS-XP850.XQ.R2
    CPU Waterblock: Watercool Heatkiller 3.0 Nickel Edition
    NB Waterblock: Mips Fusionblock
    Control Unit: Aquaero VFD
    Flow Sensor: Aqua Computer Highflow
    Thermal Compound: Gelid Extreme
    Pump: Laing Ultra (Koolance PMP400 Deckel)
    Pump Noise Absorber: Noise Destructor V1.1
    Tubing: Feser/DD 16/10mm
    2x CPC 9,5mm Metal
    Ausgleichsbehälter: Alphacool Cyclone 250
    Tempsensors: 3x Inline +1x in Res.
    Wasserzusatz: Feser One Fertigmischung UV Clear/Blue
    Fittings: Perfect Seal + Bitspower
    Fans used: Noiseblocker Black Silent Pro PK2 + PK3 (PL2 on Magicool Slim 240)

To fill the CPU is Prime95 (small FFT's) used in the latest version, to measure the
    Temperatures / record came aquasuite used. The temperature measurements were made after the earliest
    60 min and then in 5 intervals, a 5 minutes.

In my testing, the most interesting value of the difference (delta T) is the temperature of water at the outlet of the radiator. This figure shows the cooling capacity of the radiator, into which you can see, can take advantage of how well the radiator to cool the inside temperature of the water. The smaller this difference turns out, the stronger the performance of the radiator. The results will be visible to the interested user at a glance, so I will confine myself in addition to the flow of that value in the different fan speeds.

Difference (delta T) from room temperature to water temperature)
    (a low score is better)

Flowrate

Liter / hour

Fresh Paint

Default Re: SIZE MATTERS: Radiators for 140mm Fans - Big Roundup

Conclusion:

80mm fan in the case sector were until a few years, Standard, this was followed by the hitherto popular 120mm fans
    and so it is really just a matter of time until those from the 140mm previously rather rarer still used by representatives of its
    Species to be replaced. More and more manufacturers are adopting this fan size and rightly so. In this test, the radiators
    has been shown that the development goes on, fortunately more power and less noise. During
    all sorts of annoying noises of everyday life, this is very commendable, they nevertheless give latest processors and graphics cards quietly
    and cool more effectively. A clear recommendation for a radiator model could be due to different needs and requirements
    not naturally inclined to express the water cooler. In the upper performance range Thermo Chill and Hardwarelabs have
    impressively demonstrated, where the bar is located at radiator of this size at this time. The heat exchanger can be of Feser
    equip themselves with fans conveniently in 2 sizes, advantageous for many around and intermediates, which are the costs of
    Save the purchase of new 140mm fans want first. Are a good idea at this point, the additional threads
    called at the front of the radiator. As might be expected to have the Magicool Rads again as price-performance
    assert winner in this test. Here and there a thread was not cut 100% and the build quality is noticeably
    behind the Black Ice SR1 series, but due to the comparatively low price and the offered services, these radiators
    definitely worth a recommendation for the budget-conscious users. Who the best synthesis of performance and outstanding
    Processing is looking, just come by to SR1 radiators manufacturer Hardwarelabs not. Very impressive is especially
    Proved 560s exchanger, which means pure performance. High-end PC systems with 2 video cards can be with this model
    cool very well - the performance has to be even before that of a Mora 2 Pro's Monsterradis not hide!
    One can only wonder what will bring us this 140mm radiators and other manufacturers in the future,
    a very good beginning has been made! Hardwarelabs was sort of a pioneer, as far as radiators in this size, so
    the GT and GTX versions available for some time. As these models, primarily for high-speed and high Fans
    Air flow shall be designed, I did not apply to voting in this test.
    If available, I will review these with other radiators for complementary 140mm fan!

Many Thanks for supporting my Review goes to the following companies:

www.a-c-shop.de , www.alphacool.com , www.mips-computer.de , www.caseking.de , www.magicool.biz, www.feser-one.com , www.gelidsolutions.com , www.laing.de , www.hardwarelabs.com , www.watercool.de , www.thermochill.com , www.highflow.nl , www.it-service.be , www.xilence.de , www.noiseblocker.de

Interesting run down. I would be interested in seeing the Delta of the water temperatures from when it enters the radiator to when it exits the radiator. I don't know if it would give a more accurate reading of cooling performance over the delta between Room temp or not, but it would be interesting.

Welcome to TBCS.

Fresh Paint

Very great theme ! i really enjoy it, thanks a lot for sharing the different step of creation, very interesting to know ! I completely agree with what you said. I book mark it and mail all of my friends to check it..

Quote Originally Posted by bundymania View Post
    Conclusion:

80mm fan in the case sector were until a few years, Standard, this was followed by the hitherto popular 120mm fans
    and so it is really just a matter of time until those from the 140mm previously rather rarer still used by representatives of its
    Species to be replaced. More and more manufacturers are adopting this fan size and rightly so. In this test, the radiators ccna security
    has been shown that the development goes on, fortunately more power and less noise. During
    all sorts of annoying noises of everyday life, this is very commendable, they nevertheless give latest processors and graphics cards quietly
    and cool more effectively. A clear recommendation for a radiator model could be...

Thank you for sharing. I just readout interesting website’s your awesome interesting and informative topic. I really appreciate your thought about it. It’s really so useful for all especially for me because I want to get knowledge of every kind. Now, I just want to say that your describing sense is so nice and easy to understandable therefore, appreciate, love it and want to visit again shortly. Thanks again.

Nice work bundy! Good to see HW labs at the top of the heap.

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

makes me happy as I'm about ready to stick a blackice 360 into my comp...
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by bundymania View Post
    Conclusion:

Species to be replaced. More and more manufacturers are adopting this fan size and rightly so. In this test, the radiators
    and cool more effectively. A clear recommendation for a radiator model could be due to different needs and requirements
    not naturally inclined to express the water cooler. In the upper performance range Thermo Chill and Hardwarelabs have
    impressively demonstrated, where the bar is located at radiator of this size at this time. The heat exchanger can be of Feser
    equip themselves with fans conveniently in 2 sizes, advantageous for many around and intermediates, which are the costs of
    Save the purchase of new 140mm fans want first. Are a good idea at this point, the additional threads
    called at the front of the radiator. As might be expected to have the Magicool Rads again as price-performance
    assert winner in this test. Here and there a thread was not cut 100% and the build quality is noticeably
    behind the Black Ice SR1 series, but due to the comparatively low price and the offered services, these radiators
    definitely worth a recommendation for the budget-conscious users. Who the best synthesis of performance and outstanding
    Processing is looking, just come by to SR1 radiators manufacturer Hardwarelabs not. Very impressive is especially
    Proved 560s exchanger, which means pure performance. High-end PC systems with 2 video cards can be with this model
    cool very well - the performance has to be even before that of a Mora 2 Pro's Monsterradis not hide!
    One can only wonder what will bring us this 140mm radiators and other manufacturers in the future,
    a very good beginning has been made! Hardwarelabs was sort of a pioneer, as far as radiators in this size, so
    the GT and GTX versions available for some time. As these models, primarily for high-speed and high Fans
    Air flow shall be designed, I did not apply to voting in this test.
    If available, I will review these with other radiators for complementary 140mm fan!

Many Thanks for supporting my Review goes to the following companies:

www.a-c-shop.de , www.alphacool.com , www.mips-computer.de , www.caseking.de , www.magicool.biz, www.feser-one.com , www.gelidsolutions.com , www.laing.de , (email web hosting)www.hardwarelabs.com , www.watercool.de , www.thermochill.com , www.highflow.nl , www.it-service.be , www.xilence.de , www.noiseblocker.de

Great post..Thanks for sharing...Its really useful for me.

impressive thanks for sahring this