Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finding my logo

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: Finding my logo

My vote is for 5. Its simple, unique, and scalable. A good logo is all three of those and you covered that with it.

Integrating Nš3 and Nš5 logos:

I still prefer Nš3

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Your combo of 3 and 5 is perfection.

Let's call that last one Nš5, because it was designed by a diferent person than the 3rd one... I still need you people to vote for 3 or 5

Because we have to choose an original, I'm still going with #3.

That new design is almost perfect. I like the solid letters more than the outlined ones. I would move the "i" closer to the rest of the letters and make "fangrills" smaller. The L and K should be more connected. The font choice is close, but you lose readability at a distance when letters have really thin sections like that.

I hope you don't call me a nitpick. The reason I don't have a logo is because I can't find something that really works perfectly. Branding is a lot more important than people realize. I like the name Loki. If you pronounce it "Low Key" you get a really cool, subtle suggestion of not being too extravagant, which works well in a world of gaudy aftermarket PC components. I'm not sure how it's supposed to be pronounced though.

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    I hope you don't call me a nitpick. The reason I don't have a logo is because I can't find something that really works perfectly. Branding is a lot more important than people realize. I like the name Loki. If you pronounce it "Low Key" you get a really cool, subtle suggestion of not being too extravagant, which works well in a world of gaudy aftermarket PC components. I'm not sure how it's supposed to be pronounced though.
    Can't find in any translator WTF is a nitpick

The name is pronounced... "Lo key" without the W sound... but "Low key" sounds nice also

like . . . lucky? Lo is pronounced the same as low, or at least I think so. Nitpick means I pick at nits. Nits are louse eggs, which are really small and would be glued to the hair near the root . . . if you were infested with lice. Figuratively it means that I am looking at the small details in trying to refine the logo and make it as good as possible, or trying to get rid of the small imperfections . . . similar to lice.

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    like . . . lucky? Lo is pronounced the same as low, or at least I think so. Nitpick means I pick at nits. Nits are louse eggs, which are really small and would be glued to the hair near the root . . . if you were infested with lice. Figuratively it means that I am looking at the small details in trying to refine the logo and make it as good as possible, or trying to get rid of the small imperfections . . . similar to lice.
    hmm, no, not like lucky... lucky in spanish is "Laki"
    Lo in english is pronounced the same as low, you are right, but I meant.. hmm take a look at this word Now imagine you change the B for an L, and the final "ca" for "key"
    The O in spanish is that short sound...
    And yes, you are a nitpick then lol

Got the pronunciation. Hope you don't mind that I'm a nitpick.

NAh, no problem XD

Any more votes people?