Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You're so stupid you ran into a parked car!

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Default Re: You're so stupid you ran into a parked car!

lol i had like a zillion x rays on my neck and stuff i still had a headache today but its gone now

Honesty the worst part of all was when i was released i was about 1.5 to 2miles away from my truck and i said is there anyway i can get a ride back to my truck i really didn't wanna call my wife and her freak out .
    The nurse said sureeeeeeee came back said well the officer i was going to ask has the dog so he cant take you .
    I called another officer the pd is about another mile from where i was he said he would be there in a few well an hour and a half later she came in the room asked me to wait in the lobby after another hour i called the wife and left a message she got it and came to get me i had been wating almost 3 hrs on a 3min ride lol

ninja's are cheap at least. Time to upgrade to the newer style, they're cool.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Just to add to the crash stories

I was driving home from work the other day and saw what was left of a motor bike that had gone under the front of a semi trailer. Police and an Ambulance crew where mooching around.

I will never go near a motorbike ever.
    Need a sig

Quote Originally Posted by simon275 View Post
    I will never go near a motorbike ever.
    Don't go near cars, trucks, or SUVs then either...because they slip right under semis as well.
    Better idea: never go near the front bumper of a semi!
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

You can look it up if you don't believe me, but the general outlook is, "You are more likely to get in a crash in a car than a motorcycle, but you are more likely to be seriously injured/killed in a motorcycle accident." Also, no lie on this either, you are more likely to die as a pedestrian being struck by a car than you are during a motorcycle wreck.

But, as most of you know and have already attested to, its not your skill or actions you need to worry about, its the person next to you. When you are surrounded by 8 cars odds are one of them will do something stupid before you be safe all, I'm going through a bunch of different things right now and probably won't be around in much capacity for a month or so, and stories will come then. Merry christmas and happy holidays to all, and to all a good night
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Glad you guys are ok. In the Snow on my Birthday, I was in the city centre (Queen's English lads) and saw a guy driving too fast slide right out a junctions and clean into the front of oncoming traffic, pushing the car he'd hit into the car in the other lane. This was on the busiest road in Glasgow, and there were a lot of angry people. The first car to be hit looked bad-the wheel was at a 30 degree angle or so. I remember thinking it would really suck to have your car written off a christmas, due to no fault of your own.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

yeah man that would be bad i was blessed that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Datech View Post
    You can look it up if you don't believe me, but the general outlook is, "You are more likely to get in a crash in a car than a motorcycle, but you are more likely to be seriously injured/killed in a motorcycle accident." Also, no lie on this either, you are more likely to die as a pedestrian being struck by a car than you are during a motorcycle wreck.

But, as most of you know and have already attested to, its not your skill or actions you need to worry about, its the person next to you. When you are surrounded by 8 cars odds are one of them will do something stupid before you be safe all, I'm going through a bunch of different things right now and probably won't be around in much capacity for a month or so, and stories will come then. Merry christmas and happy holidays to all, and to all a good night
    100% agree. it's the other drivers you need to worry about not yourself.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    This was... in Glasgow, and there were a lot of angry people.
    I spy a wee bit of redundancy here.

All ya can do, as has been said, is worry about yourself and assume everyone else - drivers, pedestrians, cyclists, wildlife - is incompetent. At least that way you won't be surprised when someone does something outrageously unavoidable, and you'll have a good shot at avoiding things that aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

That's terrible, I am glad you weren't on the bike when it happened. I hope the bike can be repaired or you can get reasonable funds towards another one.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy