Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: no display

Default Re: no display

Is there a second PCI-e slot? You can try it in that slot to check.

I just had 2 bad mobos with the same issue. The primary PCI-e slot is bad.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

I will try that except the fans revving up and down puzzle me. I was hoping something with the ground since it's a freshly painted case.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Ugh....
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Few suggestions/observations:

Monitor was working correctly and powering on since you said you got the 'no display' message right? VGA/DVI cable not damaged or pins bent to hell correct?

Check to make sure everything was seated correctly (CPU/HSF, GPU, RAM)?

Bench test it with bare bones(board,cpu/hsf, one stick of ram). Preferably with a known good power supply. Would eliminate any weird grounding and shorting issues or mechanical stresses.

As a last ditch attempt I'd try reseting the Bios to default(removing battery and jump pins) and swap in a known good CPU/HSF. If it doesn't work then its probly faulty mobo.
    My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred
    In the emperor's name let none survive.

Thank you So much!

Ok, now I have a display....but windows won't boot up, it will just restart. Yet ubuntu will boot up fine and is what I'm using right now.

any suggestions on how to get windows runnin'?

So its restarting right away or are you able to F8 boot into safe mode?

Since you were able to boot into Ubuntu it doesn't seem like a hardware issue. It would lead me to believe its either a corrupt OS or a virus. Did you try the repair option on the
    Vista install disc?
    My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred
    In the emperor's name let none survive.

It asks me if I want to restart windows normally. I am gonna try my repair disc.