Thread: Does this happen to anyone else?

Thumbs down Does this happen to anyone else?

It seems like everytime i get a new computer i have a really hard time trying to get it to work!

About two and half years ago i bought a HP with a AMD 3200+ from a store on base ( i am military) and it ran fine until i put a new video card in it and now it doesnt run at all... So got a new Mobo and a new chip, Shuttle mobo with celeron pentium d 2.4 i think is the clock speed. and well that didnt work out to well... i couldnt get a visiual at all!

then i get this another idea i dont have the money to keep buying mobos and chips so i say forget the old parts and let go from scratch!

I went to best buy and look at a the Abit Al8-V with a FSB of 1066 and i get it! i get a P4 3.0 chip... well that all the money that paycheck i can spend. i wait 2 more checks and then get the video card, HDD, and RAM. I put everything... what happens? I get a vis. and try to install my the SATA drivers for the HDD and well it starts to freeze. I bring to a cyber cafe i am a regular at since i dont have my own rig, we go through and try to install XP on my rig and nothing it freezes well this time i get a kinda cop car sound from it... never heard that before so we start trouble shooting and found out that it was the keyboard for some reason! so we set bios to halt on except keyboard. then we go from there. Well a funny thing happens. No Floppy is recognized and now we have a new problem. why is there no floppy? we take another one and try it in my box, nothing. put it in his box works like a charm!!!

In conclusion DONT LET ME BUILD A BOX FOR YOU! well atleast until i get A+ certified.

has this ever happend to anyone else?? it is really starting to wear me down!!
    All your base are belong to us.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: Does this happen to anyone else?

similar kind of situation with me.

Old PC - 900MHz thing. Geforce 4 Ti 4400. took me 3 weeks to get it to work.
    current PC - 2.3GHz OC'd Athlon 64. X800SE. took me 2 weeks to get it to work.
    Linux PC - 700MHz Athlon K7. Diamond Viper 540. worked on it a week and nothing's worked.

=/

at least some else has the problems i have! any one else?
    All your base are belong to us.

mine did the same things.
    i also had my water cooler spring a leak on my system.
    so maybe it was not the exact same, but my computer stopped working after i installed a audiocard.